Our Town

It was Caroline's birthday and Valencia had got up early to make her a special breakfast. She was putting everything on a tray to take Caroline her breakfast in bed. There were some eggs, toast, French toast, waffles, and bacon that Via made along with coffee made to Caroline's liking. Valencia turned to walk to Caroline's room only to come face to face with the blonde vampire.

Valencia pouted, "Really? I was bringing you breakfast in bed. You just had to ruin it."

Caroline smiled, amused by the pout Valencia was giving her. "Sorry, Via. If I had known I wouldn't have gotten out of bed. It looks and smells delicious though."

"You're forgiven. Do you know why? Because it's your birthday! Happy birthday, Care!" Valencia yelled excitedly at the top of her lungs.

"Thank you, Via," Caroline said. "Help me eat all of this?"

"Don't have to ask me twice," Valencia said and they both dug in.

"I don't think I can take another bite. But it's so damn good that I want to," Caroline groaned as she brought her last bite up to her mouth.

"Let me help you out," Valencia said and leaned over. She intercepted the food on the fork and ate it. "Delicious."

With wide eyes, Caroline looked from her now empty fork to a chewing Valencia. Caroline's expression was one of disbelief before laughter spilled from her lips at the faux innocent look Valencia gave her. Valencia swallowed the bite of food and began laughing as well at the sound of Caroline's infectious laugh.

"I would say I can't believe you just did that but I would be lying."

"Present time!" Valencia exclaimed and got up from the dining room table. She went into Liz's room where she hid Caroline's present with Liz's permission. She ran back out into the kitchen and handed Caroline a small square-wrapped gift.

Caroline opened it and gasped. Inside was a bracelet that had five different charms on it. The first charm was heart-shaped and had 'Best Friend' engraved on it. The second charm was a 'C' for Caroline. The third was a blue bead that reminded Via of Caroline's eyes when she was happy. The fourth charm was circular and read 'side by side or miles apart, we are connected by the heart'. And the fifth charm said 'Love' on it.

 (Please imagine the cursive initial E as a C)

(Please imagine the
cursive initial E as a C)

"I love it, Via. Thank you," Caroline said as she pulled Valencia into a hug.

Valencia hugged her back. "You're welcome. Now put it on."

Caroline pulled out of the hug and put the bracelet on. "Perfect. Now I just need to find a matching one for you."

"Well, Christmas is coming up," Valencia reminded her with a cheeky smile.

With a beaming smile, Caroline shook her head at Valencia. Caroline was dreading her birthday because she was a vampire and wouldn't age. She would be seventeen forever and to Caroline that was a sucky age to be stuck at for the rest of her life. But Via was making it better by just being there by her side.