Do Not Go Gentle

The 20s decade dance was tonight and Valencia was at the school helping Caroline decorate the gym. Rebekah was supposed to be in charge but she disappeared, so Caroline took over and asked Via to help her. Caroline asked Elena to help as well, needing all the help she could get. She was also trying to get the twins to make up and mend their relationship but it was going to be harder than she thought when she saw how they were acting toward each other. Well, more so the way Elena acted toward Valencia.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asked Elena as they walked into the gym. Ric decided it would be best for him to get out of town and go somewhere secluded since he was still blacking out which meant he was still a threat to everyone.

"I just-I wish there was something I could do," Elena said. She picked up a chandelier and showed it to Caroline before she asked, "Where do you want me to hang this thing?"

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity she should have shown up to do it herself." Caroline took the chandelier from Elena and handed it to one of their classmates that was walking by. "Just no!" Caroline saw Matt and Jeremy hanging stars from the ceiling. "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down."

"Trickle, duh!" Matt mockingly exclaimed to Jeremy.

Caroline smiled at the two and said to the twins, "Look at them all bromancy."

"Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy get back in the swing of things. Matt even got Jeremy his job back at the Grill," Valencia said as she watched the two with a smile of her own.

"That was nice of him."

Elena nodded, "Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out."

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Caroline asked.

"I wouldn't call it skeevy," Valencia objected.

Caroline shook her head at her blonde best friend and said, "Not the point, Via."

"I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it," Elena said.

"Awe, what are friends for? So who are you bringing to the dance?" Caroline asked.

"What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, Via, and I were going as girl dates," Elena said in confusion as she wrapped a feather boa around her neck.

Caroline looked at Valencia in confusion but the blonde doppelganger looked away. Caroline rolled her eyes at Via before she turned back to Elena and shook her head,  "Bonnie has a date."

"What?"

"Jamie called and wanted to see her so she asked him."

"So, it's just the three of us then," Elena shrugged.

"Two of us," Caroline corrected her.

Elena furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and asked Caroline, "You have a date? I thought Tyler didn't want Klaus to know that he was back."

"I don't and he doesn't."

"Then why is it only the two of us?" Elena asked even more confused. When she saw Caroline glance at Valencia, she realized what was going on. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me!"

"Elena, I-"

Elena cut Via off, "This just keeps getting better and better! I cannot believe you! You knew I was going to ask Stefan and you went and did just that!"

"Tone it down, would you?" Valencia asked when she saw that everyone in the gym was looking at them. "I didn't ask Stefan, he asked me. Why do you care anyways? Ask Damon. Or did he stop giving you the time of day?"