Dangerous Liaisons

It was the morning after Bill Forbes had died and Via woke up to a text from Stefan asking her to meet him at her house. She was hesitant to leave Caroline but the blonde vampire insisted that Via go and they would meet up later. Caroline and Liz had to make funeral arrangements anyway and the blonde vampire said that as long as her mom was there she would be okay.

Valencia hesitantly left and drove over to her house. She walked inside and heard voices coming from the kitchen so she made her way there. She went straight to the fridge and grabbed the milk before getting the box of fruity pebbles with marshmallows from the cabinet. She poured the cereal and then the milk into a bowl before getting a spoon.

After taking a bite Via looked up and saw the weird faces she was receiving from Elena and Damon while Stefan looked at her amused. She walked over to the table and set her bowl down. She looked at Damon who sat on the table and pushed him off of it before sitting down in a chair facing Elena.

Damon glared at Valencia but she just smiled innocently at him and said, "I don't want your ass on the table while I'm eating or at all actually. There are perfectly good chairs all around the table. Pick one. Now, why was I summoned here?"

"Damon and I had dinner with Klaus and Elijah last night," Stefan informed her.

"How nice. Did y'all make up and become besties?" Valencia asked sarcastically.

"It was a ploy. Bonnie needed more time to get the coffin opened and we bought her some. I also helped Elijah undagger his siblings, who were not very happy with Klaus," Damon smirked.

"Thanks for that by the way. Rebekah tried to kill me last night for daggering her but Elijah stopped her," Elena said to Damon causing his smirk to drop.

"Wait, Rebekah's awake? Why didn't she text me?" Valencia asked and got her phone out to text her.

"I just told you that she tried to kill me and that's how you respond?" Elena asked in disbelief.

Valencia rolled her eyes and set her phone down. She looked up at Elena and put on a faux concerned look as she asked, "Are you okay? Did she hurt you? Do you need me to get you a bandaid?"

"Really?" Elena asked unimpressed and rolled her eyes. Damon glared at Via while Stefan stifled his laughter.

"Elijah stopped her so no harm no foul."

A hurt expression made its way onto Elena's face at how nonchalant her twin was being about someone trying to kill her. Elena knew that Rebekah was Via's friend but they were twins and Via should at least be upset or angry. "Yeah, Elijah did stop her. He also told me about how it was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin."

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asked, shocked.

Damon was shocked as well as he asked, "What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago."

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple of connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus," Elena informed them.

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus," Stefan said annoyed.

"Well, not anymore. At least not according to Elijah."

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds."

"Us? You mean you guys? I guess I just found the upside to Klaus needing my blood to create hybrids," Valencia stated earning glares from the three of them.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asked.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us," Elena said before the doorbell rang. She went to answer the door but not before she said, "I believe him."