The Rager

It was the day that Valencia would return to school after becoming a vampire. She was nervous and after losing control at the memorial a week ago, she wasn't sure she was ready to go back. Stefan, Caroline, and Jeremy were encouraging her and assuring her that everything would be okay. They would all keep an eye on her just in case which made Valencia feel a little bit better about going back. She also made sure she fed right after she woke up unlike the day of the memorial when she was in a rush to get to the church and didn't feed.

As she thought back to that day, her mind drifted to what happened that night. Vampires didn't get sick yet there Valencia was, leaning over the toilet and throwing up all the blood she drank that day. When she no longer felt sick, she called Stefan and told him what happened. At first, neither of them could figure out why she got sick because she had been able to keep blood down since she turned. So why were that day and night different?

Stefan was the one to realize what was different. Ever since she turned she had been drinking only animal blood but on the day of the memorial, she had drank from Matt and from the blood bag Elena gave to her. The common denominator was human blood so Stefan had her try a blood bag from his house and just like the blood bag from Elena, it tasted sour as if it was expired and Via couldn't bring herself to even swallow it.

The sound of the ringtone she has set for Caroline went off and tore her from her thoughts. Valencia grabbed her phone off of her dresser and answered it, "Hello?"

"Hey, I'm outside," Caroline said.

"Okay, I'll be out in a second." Valencia ended the call and then grabbed her bag. On her way out of her room, she stopped in front of her mirror to sure her outfit looked okay, which it did, and then left.

 On her way out of her room, she stopped in front of her mirror to sure her outfit looked okay, which it did, and then left

Valencia got into Caroline's car and buckled her seatbelt with shaky hands. Caroline saw this and felt bad for Valencia, she knew how anxious her best friend was about going back to school. Caroline had gone through the same thing on her first day back to school after becoming a vampire and she knew that without Stefan and Via, she probably wouldn't have made it through the day.

"Hey!" Caroline greeted cheerfully.

"Hey, Care," Valencia greeted back.

"I'm so happy that you're coming back to school today. I never realized just how boring and dreadful school is without you there." Caroline told her.

"Everything is dreadful and boring even when I'm not around. I make everything better," Valencia jokingly said as she flicked her hair over her shoulder. Via tried to keep a straight face but failed and busted out laughing.

Caroline couldn't help but laugh along with her, Valencia's laugh was too contagious. When the laughter died down, Caroline smiled brightly, it was the first time in a while that she heard Via laugh. Hopefully, things were going back to the way they were. A mischievous glint shined in Caroline's eyes as she asked some questions she had been dying to ask Via, "So, how is it to officially be in a relationship with Stefan? Is he a good kisser? Have you had sex yet? Was it good?"