Chapter 12

Run boy run

„I'm sorry that i wanted to help these idiots

„I'm sorry that i wanted to help these idiots."

„Just get in the car guapo."

„So.. you like knives huh?" Isabella asked Diego as they drive to Griddy's Doughnuts. Diego smirking and let out a chuckle as he answered „I guess you could say it like that."

„You know when i moved to Reginald, Grace gave me your room and i found under your bed a box with different types of knives." Isabella told Diego with a chuckle. Diego grinned and said „Oh yeah, almost forgot about those knives under my bed."

„I noticed that i never asked you about you're powers." Isabella said while looking at Diego who looked at the road. She checked his side profile and she must admit. ‚He really is handsome.'

„Hello? Earth on Bella, you there?" Diego says as he interrupts Isabella's Daydreaming. „Oh yeah, i'm sorry what did you say?" she says.

Diego looked at her with a smirk. „As i said before, my power is Trajectory Manipulation." Isabella raised her eyebrows amazed. „So you can curve or even stop the trajectory of anything you throw? Such as-„

„Knives. That is correct." He finished as he turned to her and added: „Chica inteligente." (smart girl)

Thank you, as I said, I read a lot." Isabella said while smirking at him.
„And i must admit that your powers are actually really Practical."

„And why is that?" Diego asked curiously. „Well, for example, you would be a perfect archer. And you can prevent getting shot."

Diego said nothing and just chuckled. „Omg, you could even do amazing trick-shots! You would never miss!" Isabella suddenly said while laughing as Diego looks at her, amazed by that woman.
____________________________

„We're here." Diego parked the car and shut the engine off. Isabella looked at Diego. „Are you sure you want to go there?" Diego looked at her and answered „Yes. Do you?" She just nodded with a half smile.

They unbuckled their seatbelts and got out of the car. Diego walked towards the diner and Isabella followed right behind him. Diego's eyes quickly run over every officer that roamed the place. He quickly caught sight of an older woman dressed in a pink uniform who was sitting at the corner of the diner, and he gave a satisfied nod to himself- ‚she is a witness.' „let's go. we should question the witness in there." Diego says to Isabella.

„I don't know if that's a good idea. Maybe we could get caught and i don't wanna get arrested again." Diego turned to look at her with an raised eyebrow. „Again?"

„Going outside as an Alcoholic isn't so pleasing. Especially with powers."

____________________________

Diego and Isabella opened the back door and got outside just to be greeted by a certain detective.

Their eyes widened as Detective Ethan patch came up to them. „Shit. Hang on, let me—„ but before Diego could finish his sentence, Ethan wasted no time as he jabbed the taser into the man's chest, the buzz of electricity accompanying his groans.

„Hey! -What the hell??" Isabella scolded but Ethan ignored the Woman who stood next to Diego.

He let Diego's hand lower to his side as he dropped to his knees, then falling face-first onto the pavement.

Isabella didn't know what to do. She didn't wanna get arrested again. She just watched the scene that happened in front of her.

Ethan kneeled next to Diego, then handcuffing his hands behind his back before forcing him to his feet. He gripped Diego's arm tightly as he led him to the front of the diner.

„You don't talk to my witnesses, understand?"

„Let me catch you up to speed, Ethan," Diego said lazily.

„Don't call me that!" Ethan hissed. The two of them may had been best friends- even more than that- but it most certainly wasn't like that anymore.

„Right, Detective patch." Diego gave a nod and a wink. He looked at Ethan with raised eyebrows as he questioned, „What, are we gonna keep things professional?"

„I don't know if we ever agreed on much," he remarked as he now begins to roughly search Diego's jacket.

„We agreed on some things." Diego insisted. Isabella raised an eyebrow looking at the two -?

„Did we really, though?" Ethan scoffed before pulling out a police scanner, and a look of irritation crossed his face. „I'm confiscating this."

Ethan continued searching him, „practically giving them away." Ethan pulled out a fake badge from Diego's pocket. „And this."

„No skin, super cheap, bought it on eBay." Diego said while slightly smirking.

Ethan looked through the inside of his coat, then pulling out a mask. Isabella raised an eyebrow while looking at the mask. ‚What the-?' „That you can keep." Ethan said.

„You used to like it." Diego said now fully smirking. „Not anymore." Ethan said while shoving it back inside his pocket while grabbing his arm and pulling him forward while Isabella followed them.

„By the way, this thing might look like a botched robbery, but my gut's telling me something else is going on here," Diego informed him as they Headed beyond the yellow tape, a couple of officers lifting it up for them to pass through.

Isabella just rolled her eyes as she continued to follow the two. ‚I knew this was a bad idea.'

„Il'be at the academy if you get out."
Isabella said to the man in handcuffs as he just nodded.
____________________________

Isabella was in her room again, alone with her thoughts. Her thoughts drifted to a certain man who throws knifes as a hobby. ‚What an idiot. Get's arrested that fast.' 

Isabella went downstairs to the living room with a cigarette in one hand and a book in her other hand. While she read for half an hour her phone suddenly rang.

„Hello?"

„Um..hey belleza, could you maybe come here and pick me up? You took my car right?" it was the guy who's hobbies are throwing knives.

Isabella rolled her. „Yes. Alright il'be there in fifteen minutes."
____________________________

Isabella waited outside the car with a cigarette in her hand waiting for Diego. As he came she slightly shook her head sarcastically as Diego just smirked as a response.

„You're an idiot, you know that?" Isabella said while chuckling. „I'm sorry that i wanted to help these idiots." Diego responded. „Just get in the car guapo."
____________________________