Chapter 9

We only see each other at weddings and funerals

„Nice to see things haven't changed."

Isabella ran out of the bedroom downstairs to the courtyard to see everyone staring at the big blue ball of energy.

„What is it?" Vanya yells over the sound asking her siblings. „Don't get too close." Allison says back. „Yeah, no shit." Diego says to Allison.

„It looks like some sort of temporary anomaly. Either that or a black hole. One of the two." Luther finishes.

„It's the first one." Isabella shouts and everyone looks at her including Diego looking impressive.

„It's a time travel spacetime continuum." Isabella finishes. Diego looks at her and she says „What? - i read a lot of books."

„Out of the way!" Klaus says running out of the house with a fire extinguisher. „What are you-„ Luther was cut off with Klaus spraying the contents towards the hole showing a silhouette of a man.
Klaus saw what he did, didn't work and threw the extinguisher at the blue hole.

As the blue whole Crackles everyone jumps back. „Whoa, whoa, whoa." Says Luther holding is arms up to block everyone. „Everyone get behind me." Diego jumps in front of him while holding Isabella by her arm „Yeah, get behind us!" Diego shouts. „Stop the dick comparing, idiots." shouts Isabella.

„I vote for running. C'mon!" Klaus says grabbing Isabella's other arm. „Running isn't the solution!" Isabella shouts as she snaps her arms back and walking in front of Luther and Diego. „Isabella, get back!" Diego shouts. As she ignores them she saw an old man pushing his face up against the wall that separates him from their time with his.

He screams as he goes back to a little boy. The boy falls onto the floor and the storm disappeared. Isabella recognized that face. ‚Wait- that boy.. looks like the one from the portrait.'

„Does anyone else see little number Five, or is that just me?" Klaus asks with wide eyes.

„Shit."

____________________________

Bang

Five slams a cutting board onto the dinner table and starts grabbing ingredients. „What's the date? - The exact date." Five asks after sighing. Everyone sat around the dinner table - Isabella next to Diego, still confused on what just happened not too long ago.

„The 24th." Vanya answers.

„Of what?"

„March."

„Good."

„So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asks as they all stare at him. Five lays down two slices of bread as the other siblings wait for an answer.

„It's been 17 years." Luther says. Five scoffs „It's been longer than that." he says.

Five walks towards Luther and teleports through him and appears behind him digging in the cabinet. Isabella raised an eyebrow. „Where'd you go any way?" Diego asks. „The Future. It's shit, by the way." Five states. „Called it!" Klaus says and everyone looks at him. Isabella chuckled at him.

„I should've listened to the old man." Five says. „You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of dice."

„Wait, old man? Do you mean Reginald?" Five looks up to the woman next to Diego.
„And i didn't quite catch your name." he says frowning his eyebrows. „Oh. Sorry, I'm Isabella Fernández. Number eight."

„Number eight? So your one of us?" Five asks as he looks at the very attractive women in front him up and down.

„Um yeah, i guess you could say that." Isabella says a little nervous. Fives turns back and looks up to Klaus. „Nice dress." He tells him. „Oh, well. danke!" Klaus says thankfully.

„Wait how did you get back?" Vanya asks.
„In the end, i had to project my consciousness forward into a quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five answers. „Makes sense." Isabella tells him.

Everyone looks at Isabella surprised, Diego looks at Isabella amazed and then at five, „That makes no sense." He tells him. „Well, it would if you were smarter like Isabella." Five tells him. Diego stands up while Isabella grabbed his arm and Luther puts his arm out to stop him.

„How longe were you there? Luther asks. „Forty-five years. Give or take." Five tells him.

Everyone looked at him shocked. „So what are you saying? That you're 58?" Isabella asked him. „No, my consciousness is 58. Apparently my body is 13 again." Five says putting his sandwich together.

„Wait, does that even work?" Vanya asked curious. „Dolores kept saying the equations were off. Eh.- bet she's laughing now." He says taking a bite of his sandwich. „Dolores?" Isabella questions with a raised eyebrow. Five just ignores the question.

„Hmm. Guess i missed the funeral." Five states. „How'd you know about that?" Luther asks. „What part of the future do you not understand?" Five asks. Isabella tried to hide her chuckle and Diego looks at her with an raised eyebrow. „Heart failure. Huh." Five says.

„Yeah"

„No"

Diego and Luther both answer. „Hmm. Nice to see things haven't changed." Five Starts to walk out of the dinning room with his sandwich. „That's it? - That's all you have to say?" Allison asked astonished.

„What else is there to say?" He continues to walk out. „The circle of life."

„Well." Luther says taking in the information he's been given. Isabella just looked confused. „Why is he back and why exact at Reginald's funeral?"

Everyone started to walk out of the kitchen. As Isabella started to walk out, Diego stops her saying „the gathering is about in an hour."

Isabella looks at him „Alright." while slightly smiling. She walls out while Diego still stood there just watching her walk away.