Eighteen. (Gerard's POV)

"Let's get out of here." I blurted out. Had I thought of it before? Yes. Did I know how I would? Myeah. Was I ready? Fuck yeah. Now, did I think before talking? Nope.

Frank stared at me, his green eyes still red and veiny. My grip around him tightened as I tensed up. Shit, he was gonna say no. Well this is embarrassing.

"Okay." He whispered, giving me a small smile. I grinned from ear to ear and shot up.

"Right then! We'll do that tonight."

"Do you have a plan?" He asked, in a "duh" tone.

"Well... No? We should figure one out..." I said, still grinning. I was so excited no amount of embarrassment could change how happy I was. I had to be gentle with Frankie though, his freaking mum just died.

"Okay then, how about we leave when they lock the doors, get Pat or someone to cause a commotion and make a run for it through the kitchens?" He said, shrugging. Planning things with Frank was always funny, he always ended up contradicting himself.

"Frankie, honey, the doors will be locked..." I said, giggling. He reddened andscratch the back of his head.

"I like the idea of Pat helping though. We could also get Pete and Spence in case. Just not Brendon... You know..." I started, he shushed me with a finger on my lips and smiled.

"It's fine." He said cutely

"Uh... So we'll find out a way to get a distraction, then we can go straight to the caf and into the kitchen, then maybe out a window? They usually open them during the night. The doors are closed though." I said.

"Wait!" He shrieked, flying his finger in the air to make a point. He then ran to his bed and pulled out a rusty key from his mattress.

"Here! My mum gave it to me as a present a long time ago... She said she had something to tell me on the phone but never finished..." He said, showing me the key, it was pretty big.

"Are you sure it's for these gates?" I asked. Having a key here was actually really dangerous, it could be taken from you by security, being cut by a rusty blade can lead to serious infection and someone could stab you with that shit!

"Well, I didn't even know I had it." He answered, examining the key like it was a treasure he'd been searching for for years.

"How could you not... Whatever." I said, tucking my disgusting hair behind my let ear and staring to pace around the room in a clockwise circle.

"So how will be know what the key is for?" He said after a little while. I shrugged and he kept asking questions about our stupid little amateur plan. I didn't feel like talking anyway.

"... And then we'll be out! Gerard! We'll be free!" He said smiling adorably, his arms in the air. I grinned. I hadn't listened to what he had said but whatever.

"Okay then, should we just go over the plan again?" I recovered somewhat smoothly. He rolled his eyes, knowing I hadn't listened and started to recite:

"So, we can ask Brendon to test the key on most of the doors with the help of a guard called Lucien, they're friends. Then when he knows which socket the key works in we can work out a way to cause a commotion with Pat and Pete like we said earlier. Then all we do is make a run for it through the door we opened!"

"But what if the key opens a storage room or some shit?" I said.

"That's why we need Brendon." I could see it was hard for him every time he said the word Brendon. He knew I still had minuscule but existent feelings for Brenny and I guess I sort of knew it too.

"Right then. Should we tell him tomorrow?" I asked, rubbing my neck. Frankie nodded.