-•| PROLOGUE |•-

•-•-•
🔥
-|•-•-•|-

-• | RAGE OF THE DRAGON | •-

This story is about the great Ragnar I Targaryen and his rise in power and success. His name quickly became more popular on the lips of the people in the Seven Kingdoms for many reasons. His skill in combat was one people would pay to witness it, his dragon riding abilities was best the world would ever see. He quickly became a living legend, masses would grow silent as his presence would take the attention of the crowd for himself. Ragnar I Targaryen, the man who loved deeply and killed skillfully.

_______ | 96 AC | _______

It was a stormy day in King's Landing, a day many would remember, not because of the storm but because of who entered the world that day. As the 15 year old Lady Rhae Royce strains in labor her 16 year old husband, Daemon Targaryen stands and watches from the corner. Their relationship was never filled with love or care, they were forcefully married to one another and on their wedding night they conceived their child. The Royce's hated Daemon and Daemon hated the Royce's. Their marriage was political and nothing more. Daemon is the youngest son of Prince Baelon Targaryen, the heir to the Iron Throne. Their marriage would bring more loyalty and prosperity to the Seven Kingdoms but the Royce's didn't know of Daemon's wild child nature, causing them to despise him and later despise his son. As Rhae and Daemon grew apart the only thing that brought them back was their son. Daemon had hope, he hoped they could be happy but Rhae didn't want that. She never wanted to marry him let alone have his son. Once the child was born she moved back to her house and forced Daemon and their son away to never see them again.

Prince Baelon Targaryen wasn't just the heir, he was the Hand of the King to his father King Jaehaerys I Targaryen. As Daemon struggled with living the life as a single father, his own father insisted he allow his family to help raise the Ragnar. Since Daemon was the son of the heir, he lived in the Red Keep with his older brother, Viserys and his pregnant wife, Aemma.

The brothers got along well, they're brothers. But the hate was always in the back of their heads. Hate for who would be king one day. Daemon knew he'd be a great king, he craved the power as his brother did not. Viserys knew Daemon hated him for being older.

_______ | 101 AC | _______

When Ragnar was 5, Prince Baelon, the last heir of King Jaehaerys, died. The decision of who would be heir became complicated as all the King's direct heirs were now dead. Only two individuals were considered to be the King's heir, Prince Viserys and Princess Rhaenys. Viserys was named heir for being a man as his cousin and fellow contender was a woman. Daemon didn't agree with the decision as he was angered he wasn't considered in the first place.

-|•-•-•|-

The relationship between the brothers is complicated, deep down they care for one another but Daemon wishes to be King and is jealous of his brother's newly elected position as King. Viserys is not suited for the Iron Throne. Daemon knows he can be a better suitor for it... matter of fact he knows anyone would be better. Viserys named his brother as Commander of the City Watch of King's Landing, allowing Daemon and Ragnar to stay in the Red Keep and to allow Daemon to have some sort of control to get him off his back.

As the brothers had their long everlasting quarrel, their children, Ragnar and Princess Rhaenyra, begin to spend more time together. They were young but they were the only kids in the Red Keep, along with the Hand of the King's daughter, Alicent Hightower. The three children would do everything together, they would learn, eat, read, play, etc. The trio became inseparable. Ragnar and Rhaenyra spent their time together riding their dragons alongside one another once they were of age to have their own dragons. Their favorite thing to do was fly to the highest hill around and watch the sunset together while they ate the delicious treats they stole from the kitchen. They would oftentimes try new tricks with their dragons and pretend they were in battles. Ragnar would usually show off his swordsmanship by pretending to fight another man while Rhaenyra and Alicent watched and supported him. The two young Targaryens really enjoyed spending time together and they were glued to each other's sides at all times.