-•| II - II |•-

•-•-•
🔥
-|•-•-•|-

-• | RHAENYRA THE CRUEL | •-

"Behold the works of Rhaenyra Targaryen!"

"Pretender to the throne!"

"Kinslayer!"

"A curse, a curse on Rhaenyra, the monstrous!"

———

The table in the grand table room in Dragonstone has all its seats filled. Rhaenrya stands at the end while Ragnar stands on the side close to her with Daemon sits beside him and Rhaenys across from them.

All attend a meeting held by the Queen and King as news of Prince Jaehaerys' death reaches them.

MAESTER GERARDYS: "It is yet unclear how the Keep itself was breached. The boy's head was severed from his body."

Ragnar closes his eyes and clenches his jaw.

MAESTER GERARDYS: "Thousands witnessed the procession."

RHAENYRA: "And they are accusing me of having a hand in this?" she questions in disbelief.

Ragnar flexes his fists as they rest behind his back. He is furious at how this has caused so many to loose their faith and loyalty to his wife's claim.

MAESTER GERARDYS: "It appears so. There have been messages sent to that effect throughout the realm."

RHAENYRA: "We must send our own messages, denying this vile allegation." she says looking at Ragnar.

She never needs his opinion on any matters as she always acts responsibly and Ragnar will always support her no matter what, but he nods anyway.

MAESTER GERARDYS: "I will do so at once, but I'm not sure they will be received in good faith."

RHAENYRA: "And we must double our guard, here." as she sits down

RAGNAR: "and in Driftmark." he adds, gaining an appreciative smirk from his wife as he too follows her lead to sit down as well.

All the others around the table, not including their guards have also sat down.

RHAENYRA: "There will be swift retribution in one form or another–"

LORD: "I have seen to it, Your Grace." he says quickly.

JACAERYS: "Let me fly out on Vermax. Rhaenys is needed in the Gullet and I can watch for movements from King's Landing." he says adding something to the meeting after walking in.

Ragnar smiles at his brave son who just wants to help and be a part of this. But Ragnar will not bear to see another child of his die for his and his wife's cause/claim.

RHAENYRA: "No." she states, sharing the same thoughts as Ragnar.

Ragnar notices Jacaerys feel saddened/unimpressed by his mother's answer. He looks at his son to see him already looking at his father. Ragnar nods with an expression showing he must trust his mother's decision.

LORD: "It must be said that the damage to our position is immeasurable, at a time when we most need loyalty to our cause."

RHAENYRA: "B-But it's a lie." she says defending herself.