-•| VII |•-

(If you haven't seen the updated chapter before these, please go check it out. I added the update cast for the time jump.)
•-•-•
🔥
-|•-•-•|-

-• | DRIFTMARK | •-

Ragnar and his family arrive in High Tide. Ragnar and Laenys walk up to Corlys and Rhaenys to greet them and mourn their loss. Rhaenyra follows suit shortly after. Ragnar then walks over to his father and his sisters. He hugs Daemon tightly, Daemon places his hands on the side of his son's face and examines the scar Criston gave them 10 years ago. This was their first time seeing each other in years. Ragnar then kneels to hug his sisters who've just lost their loving mother. Ragnar doesn't know what it's like to lose someone who loves you... but he sensed that feeling during the years Daemon disowned him, he knew it was tough.

Ragnar stands beside Laenys while Daeron standing in front of him with his left hand on his shoulder and his right hand on the shoulder of Vaega who stands between Daeron and Rhaelle. Laenys' arm is wrapped around Ragnar's elbow as she clings for mental support. Alise stands a distance away not to draw attention to her "closeness" to the family.

Beside his family group stands Rhaenyra with their sons under her arms and Laenor standing beside her. On her other side stands Viserys and Alicent with their children beside them.

Ragnar looks forward at Rhaenys who comforts Baela and Rhaena.

VAEMOND: (Valyrian) "We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where He will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore."

Vaemond then looks at Rhaenyra and her children. Ragnar senses this.

VAEMOND: "Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin."

Rhaenyra looks at Ragnar who is looking at his uncle, Lord Corlys, they share a look. Ragnar then looks down sniffles loudly and clears his throat that causes Vaemond to stop.

The guards then start to pull Lady Laena's coffin.

VAEMOND: "My gentle niece, may the winds be as strong as your back, yours seas as calm as your spirit, and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. To the sea we shall return."

_______ | Years Ago | _______

Ragnar and Lord Corlys walk the grounds of High Tide. Ragnar gained news of the King's venture to the island to propose a marital agreement between Princess Rhaenyra and Ser Laenor. Ragnar made a final, last minute decision to make an offer or deal with his uncle.

RAGNAR: "Lord Corlys, you and I both know Laenor will never change... he has different preferences. It will be difficult for him to duplicate and multiply your Velaryon blood."

CORLYS: "I sense an offer, Your Grace."

RAGNAR: "Indeed... if you'll allow me to assist in such matter, I will."

CORLYS: "How do you suggest you'd do that?"

RAGNAR: "I will give Rhaenyra my children, they will have silver hair... although they will lack melanin. Laenor can pretend to be their father and raise them as his own... his heirs. To ensure your bloodline multiplies, I will give you grandchildren through Laenys."