-•| III |•-

(I'm back, fam! I was traveling for work and have been dealing with jet leg recently)
•-•-•
🔥
-|•-•-•|-

-• | SECOND OF HIS NAME | •-

After Daemon left to start the war with Lord Corlys against the Crabfeeder, Ragnar bought Daemon's brothel. It was all for strategic gain.

He turned the brothel into a secret HQ, a place where he could begin to repair the poor reputation he received after being disowned. The people lost trust in him due to Daemon's involvement in the war. Ragnar knew he needed to create a name for himself and build up a greater reputation then the one he had before the war and before he was disowned.

The brothel was a working whore house but the men and women working there became his spies who were paid double the amount Daemon was giving them. They quickly became loyal to him and they pledged to serve him honorably until the end of their lives. They became happy to sell their bodies off to serve Ragnar rather then feel pressured into doing it. Ragnar allowed his male and female workers/spies breaks and time off if and when needed. He proved the women with care and extra expenses to help them if they fell pregnant, he allowed them all the opportunity to decide things for themselves instead of feeling like slaves. He offered them freedom and prosperity. As his workers/spies started enjoying life again, his name and image began growing as the surrounding citizens of Kings Landing also became happy with the services his employees provided.

As Ragnar began making wealth, he ventured into real-estate. He bought other brothels and turned him into apartments and homes for those who needed them most. The residents who rent through Ragnar became loyal to him and he also gave them jobs, turning them into spies who would walk around the city and observe others and gain information to relay back to Ragnar.

Ragnar's support circle covered nearly half of King's Landing maybe even more. As he walked the streets, people smiled, nodded their heads, bowed down to him and would honor him as a King. He quickly became the new Prince of The City... more like the Man of The City.

Ragnar's decision to gain his reputation this way was all because of his uncle's reputation and journey to success. Lord Corlys Valeryon was not a man born into royalty, he made himself royal through voyages and victories. Ragnar has gained a larger reputation then the one he had before all with true grit.

As time continued, Ragnar soon became the secret owner of most of King's Landing without the Crown knowing. He owned all of the bars and saloons, all of the brothels and all of the blacksmith shacks in the capital along with many residential buildings. Ragnar became one of the richest men in the top 5 of the richest people in the Known World.

Combining his newly found wealth and popularity caused his reputation to sky rocket. His image caused people to forget about the opportunity to question him as they became costumed to follow him, trust him, believe in him and worship him. His reputation and image was almost cult like and everyone knew of his power and selflessness.

Ragnar was beginning to play a game, a game that could extend his loyalties into the Crown. He started having mind manipulating talks with Viserys, one's that allowed Ragnar to train men who were called up to join the Kingsguard and the Night's Watch. This opportunity gave Ragnar the chance to make the new additions loyal to him, adding them as his personal forces.

All of the men he trained secretly became men who would turn on the Crown for him as they all bent the knee and swore their fealty to him in secret during their "graduation ceremony" in the depths of his HQ nestled in the center of King's Landing.