Prince of the Stars - Chapter 4: Escaping the Beast

Jellal headed for the bay Area, activating his atmospheric magic. He bypassed the locking system using his magic just like he'd done up on the bridge. As the doors opened, he shot out of the ship using his meteor spell and went straight for the beast gravitating above the ship.
Meanwhile, inside the ship on the bridge, Lotor and his generals were trying to figure out how to get the ship back on course.
"Zethrid, get on the blasters, we might need to give Jellal some extra support." Lotor said, watching as Jellal went back and forth with the beast. It seemed he knew what he was doing, because the beast suddenly lunged and Jellal zipped out of the way just in time.
Jellal, are you okay?
Yes, I'm fine,' the mage replied, 'But please stay out of this link, this thing can also hear you.
Why? It's just you and me. The Prince thought.
No, it's not, this thing has telepathic abilities just like I do.
What? Prince Lotor finally realized, but it was too late, the beast had heard everything.
So, you two are working together huh? All the more reason to kill you both!
Jellal dodged as the beast lunged at him again, but this time it managed to sink it's claw into his thigh, which earned the ugly thing an agonizing scream from the Heavenly Body mage.
Without thinking, they all screamed out his name, "JELLAL!"
But the Heavenly Body Mage wasn't going down without a fight. He put both hands up and blasted the creature with a weaponized beam of pure heavenly light, knocking it back a couple hundred feet. This gave Jellal time to ready one of his bigger spells, but he'd have to get some distance from the ship.
"Prince Lotor," He said aloud through the telepathic link, "I'm going to use one of my bigger spells, but I need to keep some distance between me and the ship!"
"Understood, we're trying to get the ship back on course." The Prince replied back.
Jellal cut the link again and put his arms together in the classic positioning with his left hand spread out and his other hand holding out two fingers and began to cast the spell, "May the seven stars bring judgment upon you," As he said those words, a weird sensation enveloped his body, but he brushed it off, there were bigger threats to deal with right now, "GRAND CHARIOT!" Jellal screamed at the top of his lungs, casting the spell upon the ugly creature, watching as it slammed into it with full force.
To Jellal's surprise, the spell actually did some damage. He then forced himself to snap out of it. 
That beast is not gonna stay back for long. He thought to himself as he bolted for the ship, making it inside just in time as another blast from the beast's mouth came racing at them.
Once they'd past through the wormhole, Lotor ran down to the bay Area where he'd seen Jellal take off from in order to keep the ugly beast at bay. When he reached the bay Area, he spotted the bluenette kneeling by the cargo bay doors, clutching his right thigh, his face twisted with pain.
"Jellal, are you okay?" Lotor called from across the room as he ran over to the injured man.
"Agh, I'm alright for now," Jellal had torn off a piece of his long blue cloak and wrapped it around his bleeding thigh, "But this injury needs medical attention and fast."
"I believe I know someone who can help you, Jellal." The Prince said with a smirk.
Now it was Jellal's turn to give the confused look.
"Axca, contact Voltron."