2) me and your daughter

A/N: this song keeps coming on my fyp on tiktok so it was finally time to write a one shot about it.

Pov Robin

I wipe my hands on the front of my jeans to get rid of some of the sweat from my palms. I was very nervous, I was formally meeting Nancy's parents tonight. What if they didn't like me or they think I'm annoying cause I can't shut up or what if they're annoyed that I can't even knock on the damn door. I sigh and then reached my right hand out to knock on the door but as soon as I do it opens and my beautiful girlfriend is standing there.

"Nance! I uh was literally just about to knock like seriously. Hand in the air and everything and then you opened the door and that opportunity was just snatched right up from me and so that I uh yeah couldn't open the door or I mean knock on the door" I rushed out trying to save myself from having just stood there for ten minutes hoping nance didn't know.

"Come in you cutie you can't stand out here forever" Nance said with a tone of understanding and reaching her hand out towards me and I blushed and grabbed her hand. She practically dragged me into her kitchen where I could hear a lot of noise. As we stepped into the kitchen fully I saw Mrs.Wheeler standing by the stove presumably finishing up dinner.

"Mom. This is Robin" Nance spoke as she dropped my hand to walk over to her mother. I smiled and tried to remember what the proper way to greet someones parent was. Did you shake their hand or was it a hug or did you do neither and simply say hi nice to meet you or- I was cut off by Mrs. Wheeler coming over and pulling me into a hug. I let my arms hang at my sides too shocked to realize I wasn't hugging her back.

"It's so good to see Nancy finally having some female friends her age around again" Mrs.Wheeler squeezed me one last time before letting go and my face was probably super red. Yes because me and Nancy were just friends.

"Uh yeah, I'm uh very happy to be in Nancy's life" I said unsure of what to do now. I glanced over at Nance who said a few more things to her mom before reaching for my hand and dragging me somewhere else. When I zoned back in I noticed that we were in the hallway and no one was around for now.

"I'm sorry" I said quickly before nancy could stop me "I totally blew it in there with your mom cause I couldn't remember how I was supposed to greet her and" I was cut off by Nancy kissing me. I sighed into the kiss and let her hands pull me closer.

"It's okay" she said still inches from my face "you're okay" I nodded and she gave me one last kiss before grabbing my hand and taking me into the living room. Her father sat on the couch watching tv and as nance and I stepped into the room the floor creaked causing him to look up.

"Ah. And who are you" he asked and I just stood there again. Nance gave me a small nudge and I shook my head.

"Robin. Buckley. That's me that's uh who I am yeah my name. Robin Buckley." I said quickly trying to appease him more than I did Mrs.Wheeler. He looked at me and then back to Nancy and back to me before laughing and going back to the television. I glance back over to Nance confused if that was a good reaction.

"It's fine" Nancy said as she grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I was just about to reply when Mrs.Wheeler called us to the dinner table. Thankful for the excuse to get out of the living room this time I dragged Nancy along.

It was half way through dinner when Mr.Wheeler interrupted his wife to ask me a question. "So Robin." He said. I swallowed my water and tried to maintain eye contact. "How'd you and Nancy meet"

"We uh we met through uh uh-" I stuttered trying to get out my thought but then Nancy jumped in, "school, we met at school". Dinner then went by without another question as silence enveloped the room. I tried to not let all my thoughts out because then surely I'd never be let back. I bit the inside of my cheeks to keep from speaking.

"I noticed you and my daughter are quite close, closer than usual friends are" Mr.Wheeler said and I coughed and looked at Nancy. Nancy just shrugged and I decided why the heck not just say what we are. If shit goes down the drain Nancy can just come live with me and Steve.

"Uh well actually me and your daughter have a special thing going on" I nervously said regretting it as soon as it was out of my mouth.

"Aww that's nice Nancy" Mrs.Wheeler smiled oblivious to what I meant.

"No mother, we're together" Nancy spoke laughing. This only caused her to be more confused and Mr.Wheeler didn't understand as well. It was chaos at the table as it was trying to be explained.

"WE ARE DATING" I screamed out effectively creating silence. "Uh sorry. We are dating. Me and Nancy. Uh relationship"

"Oh well why didn't you just say that sweetie, that's nice. I'm happy for you two" Mrs.Wheeler smiled at us again.

"Oh uh" Mr.Wheeler turned to look at his wife to see her smiling before he turned back to me and Nancy and said "that's cool I guess" and went back to eating.

"Can Robin and I be excused" Nancy asked and Mrs.Wheeler let us go. Nancy grabbed me hand and took me to her room. "Robin your so cute. The whole me and your daughter have a special thing going on. Gosh your adorable" Nancy leaned in and kissed me. I died then, of gay panic.