Chapter XVI

It's Monday morning, everyone is sleeping late, except those who have a passion for improving.

Akamaki, Edge and Kobra went on a quest, Emily didn't join, because she wanted to test something out.

Emily sat in her room, sitting in peace. Suddenly she found herself in a different domain. The sky was red, but yet everything was peaceful. The sky is clear though, the trees are in autumn, and the water is still.

"Where am I?" Emily asked.

A beautiful lady with long brown hair came down, having a kimono on.

"Oh of course... My curse inside me. Am I inside my heart or my mind?" Emily asked her.

"Hi Emily. How are you doing?" She asked Emily with a peaceful smile, her eyes shut.

"I'm okay, thank you. How are you doing?" Emily asked her back.

"I'm in here day in and day out. Me being the bird, you being the cage." She said.

"Curse lady, it's not like I wanted you in the first place! We just have to coexist." Emily said to her.

"While you take all of my power? The past few years you've been using my power a lot. What would you do if I die? How would you maintain your place as being one of the best?" She asked Emily.

"If I could use magic, I would! It's impossible if I have a curse inside of me, a seed curse at that! I can only use few abilities that look like magic such as teleport, and fire attacks, but that's still your power! It's just fucking impossible to use my own fucking magic!" Emily said.

"And what's prove that it's impossible? You've never tried. I've seen that you always try to improve with my power... And against that Principal of yours, even if I go out at my best, I'll never defeat him." She told Emily, giving a sigh afterwards.

"But we almost had him, didn't we?" Emily asked her.

"No. Once his white armour is activated, you still need to go through his black armour, as well as red and then his ultimate armour. His own skin." She told Emily, who couldn't believe it.

"So you've faced him before?" Emily asked her.

"Yes. Me and my late husband, Zephyr." She said, wiping her tear away.

"So, by which armour did you get to?" Emily asked in amusement.

"Hmmm... Personally I got him to black armour. But Zephyr got him all the way to his skin, Zephyr also defeated him a few times, but those were the days when both of them were in their prime." She told Emily.

"So, your husband, Zephyr... Is he the curse that used to reside in Hacke?" Emily asked her.

"Yeah. He was." She told Emily, walking closer to her, then asked if she could sit next to Emily.

"Sure." Emily told her.

Moments of silence went by, when Emily broke the silence.

"I don't know your name even." Emily told her.

"Pandora. Nice to meet you." Pandora said, hugging Emily.

"You smell so nice!" Emily complimented her.

"Aww thank you. You know, humans frighten me... That's why I never tried contacting you... But... Even cursed ones like us have mixed emotions every now and then." Pandora said.

"Oh? How'd you get, like inside of me?" Emily asked her.

"The only seed curses, were actually all friends. We're all related, either by friendship, or family. Except Zephyr. All of us used to be humans, but then we decided to do a specific ritual. We were facing ugly monsters. The timeline we were born, was called the 'Ancient Times'. But, the timeline we were cursed, was called the 'Terror Times'. With us trying to fight for our lives in the Terror Times, witchcraft was the only way for us to survive the horrors, but Amon, Demon Lord of Wrath, is one sick son of a bitch. The ritual we performed, was to survive the horrors... Not live in pain through it, wanting to die. So while each of us tried to kill each other, it created hate between us all. Amon used this by making us all spirits into a seed. Our potential can grow eternally, but only if our users do the same. To put it blank, you're the fifth user I've lived with... " Pandora said.