Chapter XXIIV

The man with the lion mask is walking through the city square. He notices two kids being lost.

He walks up to them and grabbed them by the shoulders.

They both got a fright, but in an instance they both calmed down, by the presence of the person.

"Not all who are wandering are lost. Just think like a parent." He told them and with smiling faces and laughter, they thanked him as if he gave them gifts.

"Growth. What a nuisance, yet necessary." The man told himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hacke Kiaria is fighting against a Giant, easily four times the size of himself.

The Giant is holding a big wooden club, swinging it at Hacke.

Hacke dodges it by jumping to higher ground, sliding between the Giant's legs and of course, kicking the club back at the Giant.

After a few moments, Hacke noticed that the Giant is tired, so Hacke jumped up to the Giant's neck and grabbed it, but at that very second, the Giant swung the club back.

What didn't happen, is Hacke being knocked out.

What did happen, is the Giant knocked himself out by hitting himself after Hacke successfully dodged the attack.

The Giant lays on the ground, knocked out.

"Tricked me by making me believe it was tired. So I'm not at the very start then." Hacke told himself.

He picked up his book and wrote in it again.

His book was almost full with the amount of writing he did.

"Wrong one." He told himself and grabbed the other book he had in the bag.

Monkeys looked at him, but these monkeys are gigantic.

"Crap." He told himself, but they looked closer at the book.

"Well, no way on life did we evolve from you shits." Hacke said.

"Evolution isn't a modern thing, Hacke." The monkey said to him and Hacke immediately stood up from the shock.

"Who...wait. How do you know who I am?" He asked the monkey that spoke.

"I'm one of the Ancient Sages. I am very pleased to have met you, Hacke Kiaria. My name is Octover. Do not be afraid, for I'm not even in my normal state." He told Hacke, who calmed down and sat again.

"Octover, how many of you are there?" Hacke asked him, looking him straight in the eye.

"If you're wondering if I'm one of the Ancient Hunters, be at ease. In the Ancient Times, honesty is not just a policy, but a mortal law." Octover told him.

"Ah, I see. Where could I find Agridore?" Hacke asked him and all the surrounding animals and monsters of some sort ran away as if a bomb is about to explode, or perhaps, did explode.

"Hacke. I am glad that you have asked me, for I do not know where he is. What I do know is that just simply saying his name, is like swearing in a church. Nothing good would come of it. Is it revenge you seek, Hacke?" Octover asked him.

Hacke stood up and placed his hand on Octover's face.

"Octover, meeting you is a pleasure to me as well. See ya!" Hacke said and walked away.

"Tread lightly Hacke. This era is much worse than the reality you used to be in." Octover said to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------