Chapter VII

It's the following day, Hacke and the rest of the school went to the platform. Hacke didn't see how many people are in the campus the day before, but he did today. Lots of them use their magic openly, like the one guy was angry and turned himself on fire. Someone else conjured a water spirit, and other's tripped each other with thorn branches, just as jokes. A lot of people have pets as well.

Foxcena stood on a higher platform stage, waiting for everyone's attention.

"Good morning everyone! To those who are new, welcome to BCOM. To those who are not new, behave. Seeing that today will be a new starting day to some, we'll have the Arena battles today, along with some other tests. If you do not know how to fight or use magic, please see Mr. Dakota. He will help you. The Arena battles will start for greenies in two hours. Best of luck!" Foxcena told them all and left.

"Hey." Emily greeted Hacke.

"Oh Hi Em. Em is for Emily, right?" Hacke asked.

"Uh, yes. How did you know?" She asked him in a serious tone.

"Someone claimed that I'm not supposed to talk to you because you're his "Princess"." Hacke told her.

"And let me guess, he fought a duel against you, right?" She asked him.

"Yeah."

She sighed after a facepalm against her head.

"It's Kobra. He's... well he's crushing over me. I told him that we can date when he is the strongest person in the whole place." She told Hacke.

"Well, he wasn't difficult to defeat." Hacke told her.

"So you know how to fight? Where did you learn to do that?" She asked him, trying to hide her curiosity.

"Well, I saw how other people fought. So I did the same." Hacke told her, which is half true. He did learn how to fight by watching other people fight. He did sneak into temples to see how monks train, as well as sneak into dojos to see how karate is performed, but he didn't like that.

"Hmmm. We'll see." Emily told him.

"I have to find Dakota though." Hacke told her.

"You don't know how to use magic?" She asked him.

"Yeah, nobody taught me how to." Hacke said to her. She was a bit surprised.

"So, you can do magic?" She asked him.

"Uhm, I believe so. I was told that you only develop that when you're 13, but there's other kids here that are probably younger than me that can. So... I have to find out you know?" Hacke told her.

"Oh okay. Well I don't know how to fight. So I'm coming with you." She told him.

They found Mr. Dakota on one of the fields. The guy is buff as hell. Standing 3 meters tall and have muscles that looks like rocks. His long purple hair and grey beard just looks funny to some. He has no shirt on, but at least wears sneakers and three-quarter jeans. His voice is also rough.

"Hi all! There's quite a few of you who don't know how to fight, or how to use magic. That is okay. Seeing that magic is a very personal thing, and fighting as well, I'll take one for one into my office. White haired boy, you come first." He told Hacke and opened a portal. Hacke went inside and was instantly in Dakota's office. The portal got closed behind him.

"Hello Sir." Hacke said to him.

"Hi Hacke. So we're alone now, but we still have limited time. You're not from an alter dimension, are you?" Dakota asked him.

"Uhhh... what kind of question is that? No I'm not. Wait. Alter dimensions exist??" Hacke asked him with glowing eyes.

Dakota laughed.