Chapter fourty-seven: fireflies

"Remember when we used to be in here? Just laying down, staring at the skies. And when most moments comes, we try to catch as many fireflies as we could?" he says to her.

"Yes." she managed to speak out, tears leaking from her eyes as the images played like movies in her mind.

"We were so happy, in awe of what we felt. Of how beautiful the moment was. Of how captivating it was. They lit up our world so bright with their tiny flicker of lights. But we were contented, we were happy." he laughs as the tears falls down

"But we always wondered, of how trapped they must've felt. So at the end of the night, we let each of them go. Whispering good bye's and thank you's for the memory they gave us." he looked at her, trying to memorize her features one more time.

"We're the fireflies aren't we?" she asked heartbreak reeking through her voice.

"Yes." she broke down and he wanted to help her, but he decided not to.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." he muttered to her. "I really am. But . Its the end of the night for us. Times up. Game over. Its time to let go. I'm really sorry." he says as kneels down at her level.

"We tried. We really did. But this isn't healthy anymore. We're destroying ourselves. We're so trapped from the pain that its killing us. And I don't want that to happen. Its the end of the chapter for us. Its time to say goodbye." he wanted to comfort her, but he knew if he did it would only make things harder.

She stood up.

"Did you ever love me?" she asks.

"I did. I loved you, but.."

"But its not like that anymore, isn't it?" she says and put up a smile as she walked closer to him and cupped his face.

"My firefly. I'm sorry for keeping you this long. I didn't realise how hurt you are. I'm sorry. Thank you. For everything." she managed to sobbed the sentence out, they were both crying.

"I'm letting you go now. Good bye." she kisses him one more time and then she was gone.

Their love lit up the night sky. But it burned out now, just like the fireflies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entire idea of this story came from @zaynrenee :) she's so awesome isn't she? HAHAHA hii mother hen *waves frantically*

and oh please do vote or comment if you liked this chapter, it would mean so much to me if you would.

And and thank you so much for reading *gives away chocolates* love you x