Chapter fifty: pillows and blankets

"I feel sorry for them." she whispers as darkness starts to fill the skies.

"For who?"

"For my pillows." she answered, slightly embarrassed.

I chuckled lightly.

"And why would you feel sorry for them?"

"Because they're drowning." I kept quiet as she sighed and continued. "They're drowning because of me. Because of my tears. I know it sounds silly, but they could only take so much, you know? Even if they're just things. They were with me when I had no one. They were with me for those sleepless nights. Those bad days. They're with me everyday yet I never found a way to thank them."

I smiled.

"Why would you thank a pillow?"

"Because you were my pillow." She says sincerely. "You were always there when I needed you yet I never even thanked you. All I do is fill you up with my pathetic life."

I nudged her arm.

"You already did." I say as she looked at me, with confusion painted all over her chocolate brown eyes.

"What?"

"You already thanked me, dummy."

"I did?"

"Yes. A couple of times already too." I said to her.

"I don't get it."

"Because, if I was your pillow then you were my blanket. You comforted me a lot and never made fun of me for crying even once. Especially when I was feeling blue as the cold sky or when I was terrified of what lurks in the darkness. You never left my side. And for that I am forever grateful."

She laughed and punched my arm playfully.

"You're so cheesy, ewww."

"Says the girl who thinks I'm her pillow."

"Har-har. Shut up." we laughed at our silliness.

After that, we were both quite for a while. Just looking at the city lights, as they glimmered and shone bright.

"Oh, and for the record?" you said breaking the silence.

"Hmm?"

"I'll always be your blanket when you need me to be."

I smiled.

"And I'll be your pillow."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to Kuya @SiMarcoJoseAko because your books are really really great and I adore the hell out of them hahahaha. Hope you like this, Kuya!