vlog with me (jisoo x reader)

''1,2,3''

Silence. All that's left to be seen on the screen, is a big white, empty wall. Is this even a video, who knows? It might be a frozen picture for all we know, even though the description says -BLACKPINK JISOO VLOG- loud and clear. Can't miss that title in letters big like that.

I'm sure she typed that herself.

If you know Jisoo just a little bit, you should know about her and her English language. Of course, she's Korean and it's more difficult for her to talk in English than the rest, but that doesn't mean she can't do it. She is doing it, she's working hard on her English and she's improving more by day.

And I'm impressed by that, who would be able to focus with a teacher like Jennie?

Okay, I wouldn't be able to teach with a student like Jisoo too, but I'm sure you understand my point.

Since Jennie can't be around all the time, I'm around Jisoo often, helping her with English whenever I can. The girl doesn't seem to mind it, anyways, I think she's enjoying it. It wasn't always like that.

She used to see spending time with me as an obligation, it didn't feel free or comfortable, just because she knew she had to talk in English, since I didn't speak one word Korean. It was killing me to see her like that, so sad and dismotivated... Which is why I came up with a plan.

Vlogs.

Yes, the vlogs are out there because of me. Y/N. Inventor of Blink entertainment.

I came up with the idea after observing for a while, I did my research on Blackpink, hoping that would somehow give me the answer of how to deal with Jisoo. I mentioned her being extremely chill and fun around cameras, I mean, you can give the girl and camera and she'll have entertainment for a whole day, just as the people who watch that footage. I found out she's a good person, with a lot of dry humor and lame jokes, a side I didn't see during our moments.

Until I came up with the vlogs.

Jisoo had been used to film herself for other Blackpink activities, but it has never been all about herself, which is why I suggested all of the girls to vlog. No one would feel left out and all the blinks would have something new to look forward too every week.

The vlogs made them glow up.

It made her glow up.

She started smiling more, she talked a lot more, even though she's scared of making mistakes, she listens to my tips and applies them perfectly. She understands everything I'm telling her, talking back is just a difficult part. But I can honestly say I have faith in Jisoo.

A second bright thing the vlogs did is our commitment towards eachother, once she found out a complete stranger would help her instead of the girl she spends a lot of time with, it was quite a shock. She's shy around new people, especially in a language different than her own. Little did she knew I was feeling the exact same way.

I've been teaching a lot of foreigners, don't get me wrong, but as soon as I got assigned to Jisoo, some part inside of me went insecure. Something about her whole appearance made me stop and stare, for just a small moment.
As a teacher, well a small scaled one, but still a teacher, I should always be professional, open and kind to the people I work with. I tried my best to stay 'normal' standing opposite of her from the first time, but I can tell you it's been one of the most tough challenges in my life. She got me completely overwhelmed, I was at a loss of words, which wasn't quite useful considering the fact we didn't understand eachother at all.

Well. Aren't first meetings always awkward?

What matters is here and now. And right now, things couldn't get any better. Kim Jisoo is a true blessing who entered my life, I'll be forever thankful for Bob, the man who called me up and linked me to her.