request: not so shy (jennie x reader)

for: anupriya2314

"Can we just move on and get this over with?"

I try hard to hide the frustration in my words. We've been in here for only half an hour and all that has happened so far is a discussion about our positions.

Positions for only one song. We have so much more to perform on that stage, they're missing the key point here.

"Yah... Y/N... What an attitude." Jisoo tells me, playfully pushing my side.

I sigh. "Sorry, but we haven't made any progress yet. I just want to use our time well."

"We will." Rosie adds in, throwing me a sweet smile. "Focusing on these parts is part of the process as well,
Y/N, I really don't wanna mess up on stage as big as Coachella!"

Right. We, BLACKPINK, got lined up as the headliner of the festival after four years of not playing there.

We upgraded from a small stage to the biggest one, and it was a blast when we heard that.

It's a dream to even be a part of this group, and everytime we get to play in a big venue or on a big stage, that dream becomes better and better.

"I don't wanna mess up either." I admit softly, playing with my fingers, something I always do when I'm shy.

Jennie mentions and jogs over to me, only to wrap her arms around my waist when she reaches me. "We're a team Y/N, we'll be fine as long as we keep on communicating and practicing together."

She's totally right, and I just have to set my mind to that. We have always been able to make it as a team, and we will make it now as well.

"You just always know what to say, unnie." I smile, pressing a soft kiss on her forehead.

Being the youngest of the group comes with some difficulties, but besides that it's a lot of fun.

"Anything for our maknae." She replies with a sweet smile. Her gummy smile is truly something else, and I honestly will never get tired of watching her.

Jennie has been special to me since day one.

I love all of the girls, don't get me wrong. They're all like sisters to me, but I never felt like that with Jennie.

I've felt the urge to be closer to her than with the other girls.

Never have I wanted to be so close to a girl. Wanting to hold her hand, kiss her lips whenever I want to and tell her I love her at least thousand times a day, because she's worth it.

The problem is my insecurity.

If I would confess my feelings towards Jennie, it could have so many consequences for the group, and I don't wanna be the one responsible for problems.

She's probably not feeling the same way anyways. I'm pretty sure she's into guys, especially after she dated Kai shortly.

Such a painful period.

And even if she would be into girls, she would be into Lisa more likely than me.

Those two are like ying and yang. No matter how close I am with Jennie, I can't seem to get on their level of chemistry, and that hurts me more than it should.

"Alright. Let's get to work then!" Lisa shouts, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I follow Jennie back to the other girls and get into my position for our next song.

Peeking into the mirror in front of us, I catch Jennie's gaze, and I can't control myself from throwing her a subtle wink.

"Let's do this."