Episode 18 - Origins of Madman

A man was sitting on the bench near the river. Because the time was night, people couldn't be seen on the road. Usually, criminals and villains make a move during a time like this. But wolf demon have slaughter every one of them, heroes and police don't even need to patrol anymore. Make the city quite than usual. The man was smoking while his eyes are closed. And then, he heard the sounds of footsteps walking toward him

Shin : You're arrived? Tatsuma-san.

He opened his eyes and saw dragon lady. She was in her normal cloths. A long sleeve shirt and black pants. Which really look good to her. Dragon lady sat on the bench

Shin : Did you angry?

Ryuko : About what?

Shin : Not coming to see you sooner.

Ryuko : Not really. You only said we'll meet again today. Not you'll revive today. You didn't break your promise. I'm not angry. It's just I'm kinda sad that I couldn't see you sooner.

Shin : I'm sorry, Tatsuma-san.

Ryuko : When did you revived?

Shin : Just after I died.

Dragon lady shocked

Ryuko : Its that fast?

Shin : Only because of the full moon. If not, I have to wait until moon become full again.

Ryuko : So, you're the one who killed Doctor Garaki.

Shin : Garaki? Ohh... a scientist who make puppets called nomu? Yes, I did. He's the threat I can't let alive.

Ryuko : Is there any criminal you let alive?

Shin : I won't kill if they ain't murderer. But I did killed some of them.

Ryuko : A thousand, two hundreds and thirty five.

Shin : I don't know the numbers. But yes, I killed that much of them.

Ryuko : Why did you kill? Is killing only option for you?

The man felt the sorrow in dragon lady's words

Shin : No, killing wasn't the only way.

Ryuko : Then, why?

Shin : Because I want to.

Ryuko : What?

Shin : Tatsuma-san, what do you think about me? Did you see me as a good guy.... or a bad guy?

Dragon lady don't know what to say

Shin : I'm bad guy. I kill because of my hatred and vengeance seeking nature.

Ryuko : Hatred? Vengeance? Did they...

Shin : Well, it would be better if I take you there.

Ryuko : Take me? Where?

The man put his hand on dragon lady's shoulder

Shin : My home.

Then, they both disappeared and reappeared in different place. In front of a destroyed house. Dragon lady surprised

Shin : This is candy store I worked.

Dragon lady look to the house and around. She saw everything was destroyed and nature taking over everything

Shin : Come Tatsuma-san, I'll show you around.

The man start walking and dragon lady follow him

Shin : When I was three, both my parents died. I didn't know the reason and even if I do, I can't remember. And then, shrine maiden lady adopted me. I can't remember my family name and I decided to take her clan name, Okami. She was really beautiful and really kind but never let me call her mother. She said she don't deserve to become one. It seems she can't have children and her husband breakup with her for that reason. She has a little sister and she lives in this village as well. That candy store was her house. When I was young, she told me sometimes that I was chosen as the real okami even though I'm not related to the clan. She said when I took the name Okami, I've become a part of the clan. Maybe because I'm young and I don't believe in supernatural things, I just keep those words in my heart. When I was 12, my aunt died after giving birth. Mother told me to work in the store while uncle was busy nursing his daughter. It seems she have a quirk even thought both her parents are quirkless. Her quirk transform her into human okami. Just like beast men. Almost everyone in the village are quirkless but they don't scare of quirks nor hate them. When I was 16, mother got unknown disease and couldn't walk anymore. In her death bed, she told me about Rouki and the place where the mask was hiding. She told me that Rouki was the monster that was sealed inside the mask thousands years ago. If someone wear the mask, one will grant unimaginable power and become world strongest that ruling the world would be easiest thing. But after using the power to fullest, the mask attached to wearer forever and Rouki will possess them. Don't wear the mask unless it was the only way. After that, she passed away. She was only early thirties in that time. Uncle's daughter, sister become shrine maiden. After mother's death, she always follows me wherever I go and even starts living with me. She always holds my hand and never let me go even when she sleep. She said she'll protect me in mother's place. She's really adorable. Tatsuma-san, you remind me of her.