Chapter (4) : What If I told you?

(Lily's POV)

"Lily? It's time... wake up." I heard Sarah's soft voice and felt her hand shaking my shoulder gently.

I slowly opened and rubbed my eyes, the first thing that I saw was Sarah smiling sweetly at me. I smiled back and looked at her; her chestnut hair was wet and a green towel was wrapped around her lithe body. I can smell the scent of her lavender-scented shampoo coming from her.

She touched my hair gently as her hands slowly traveled towards my cheek, caressing it with her finger tips.

"Good Morning Lily. You better get ready our call time is 3am remember? It's already 2am. I already prepared a towel for you inside the bathroom and I've also prepared some clothes that you can wear."

"Thank you." I smiled as I sat on the bed holding the soft white sheets tight that covers my nakedness. I realized what I've done last night. I became vulnerable, weak, giving in to the strong emotions that I felt for her. My mind's telling me that everything that happened last night is wrong, as my heart is telling me that it's the right thing to do.

"Lily, are you okay?"

I nodded and faked a smile as I get out from the bed, covering my body with the white sheets until I reached the bathroom.

I went inside the tub, as I lay in the warm water I can't help it to feel guilty. I'm already with a man, a perfect man who loves me, he's responsible, he's generous, he's supportive, when I was a child I was always looking for that "Perfect Prince" that you'd end up with just like in a fairy tale, the idea of ideal-perfect man, that's what I've been searching for in my entire life and now that I've met him, why do I still come back to her?

After taking a bath, I went out of the tub, grabbed the towel from the towel rail and dried myself while I was looking at the mirror in front of the marble sink.

That's when I realize that she completes me in such way that nothing else can.

I wrapped the towel around my body and walked towards the door; grabbing the golden knob and stopped for a while; I took a deep breath before twisting the knob to open the door.

I saw her sitting at the foot of her bed, beside the clothes that she prepared for me. She stood up and walk towards me handing me the clothes

"That underwear is new okay? I bought a set of underwear last week and I haven't use them yet" she said shyly.

"Thank you" I responded with a smile. She smiles back at me and excuses herself, she walks out of the room closing the door on my right side gently.

After dressing up; I went out of the room and walked towards the kitchen where Sarah was.

I could smell the sweet aroma of the coffee, as I walk closer to her I can now hear it dripping into the pot. She opened the cabinet and pulled out two coffee mugs, she puts them down on the counter and pours the coffee into the coffee mugs.

"Here" she offered me the other one; she leaned back against the counter and took a sip of her plain black coffee as I put half-tablespoon of sugar with mine.

She was staring at the floorboards while taking a sip of her coffee, I knew she was thinking of something important, or perhaps she wanted a conversation but could not figure out how to start.

"Sarah" "Lily" we both called out in unison, she was looking at me as she finishes her coffee and put the cup down on the counter.

"So... How's you and Milo?" she asked out of the blue.

"We're fine." I responded conservatively, as she mentioned his name I started to feel guilty. I do love him. but...

"I see... I saw how happy you are when you were with him during the premiere of your show last June." Sarah smiled; a bittersweet one.