17

NASH POV

After Travis and I talked at the park we decided to go back home and talk to my parents again calmly.

Ngayon na kalmado na ako, gusto ko ng malaman ang lahat.

"Who am I?" I asked Dad.

It took him a second before he replied."You are the only grandson of the CIA Director. Henry, your father, secretly married your mother despite the Director's, opposition. Your father was unaware of Viktor because he was so in love with your mother that he forgot to conduct a background check before marrying her. She had many secrets, but he trusted her." Daddy paused.

"Then why did Viktor kill them? Why did he kill his own daughter?" I asked, my voice trembling slightly.

Huminga si Dad ng malalim."Vera Kuznetsov, your mother, betrayed his father. He betrayed Viktor. She collected all of Viktor's illegal transactions for evidence and put them on a small memory card."

"Viktor found out about your mother betrayal that's why he killed her and your father," dagdag ni Mommy.

"Then bakit pati ako gusto niyang patayin?" I cried desperately. My eyes were filling with tears and my throat felt heavy from holding back the sobs.

"When your parents died, he desperately looked for that memory card but unfortunately, he didn't. He believed that the memory card was destroyed after he set your parents house on fire, not until he found out that her daughter has a son."

I stared at him in disbelief while tears fell down my face.

"Viktor is well aware of your mother's wit. When he found out about you, he assumed Vera had hidden the memory card in you or somewhere near you, so he kidnapped and attempted to murder you, but they failed thanks to Travis's parents." Dad continued.

"Ano pong ibig nyong sabihin?"

"Mom and Dad was killed because they were trying to protect you," Travis said in a low voice.

"But that wasn't your fault," he added looking at me.

Nanigas ako sa aking upuan. "Travis parents died because of me? It's my fault then. It's all my fault."

Dad shook his head. "No, it wasn't your fault. They did what they thought was right. Besides, it's their job to protect you."

"No!" I screamed angrily. "It is my fault, it's my fault."

I looked at Travis when he took me in his arms. I buried my face into his shirt and started sobbing loudly.

He held onto me tightly and kissed the top of my head over and over again.

"It's not your fault, Nash. It's all Viktor's fault. If it's not because of him, our parents would still be here." Travis whispered in my ear.

After several minutes, I finally calmed down enough to speak again. "So where is he now?"

Daddy hesitated for a moment before he said "Hindi pa namin alam. You are safer with us. We will never let anyone hurt you or take you away."

I nodded and buried my face on Travis' chest once more.

After some more comforting words, we went upstairs to bed. When I laid in bed and closed my eyes, naririnig ko si Dad na pinababantayan ako kay Travis. The last thing I remember hearing him say was, 'Please keep him safe.'

Nagising ako kinabukasan dahil sa malakas na alarm na naggagaling sa alarm clock. Groaning softly, I reached out for the clock to turn off the irritating sound.

"Good morning," I heard someone whisper in my ear.

Startled, I sat up abruptly. "Travis?!" I exclaimed.