19

I looked at them, confused. "What happened last night?"

Mommy looked at Daddy before answering.

"We discovered numerous assassins attempting to assassinate you around the village. Fortunately, we were able to eliminate them before they could kill you..." She sighed.

I felt a shiver run down my spine.

That didn't sound good.

"What were you doing last night? We tried to call you pero hindi ka sumasagot and we thought you're already sleeping so we didn't bother. I hope you slept well." Dad gave me a weak smile.

I nodded and lowered my head to hide my cheeks burning with embarrassment when I remembered what Travis and I did last night.

"I-I slept well, thank you for letting me sleep." I stammered.

I peek at Travis who's smirking trying not to laugh at me. I glared at him and kicked his legs making him groan in pain. Lihim siyang napahawak sa kanyang binti at sinamaan ako ng tingin.

I laughed quietly at his reaction then turned back to my mom.

"Mommy, can Zion and Axel come here later?" i asked.

My mom looked hesitant about having them over today. "Sure, sweetheart. Just don't go anywhere without our permission."

I smiled warmly at her. " I won't, Mom. I promise"

Shortly after eating breakfast, Zion and Axel arrived at the house. We're enjoying playing Assasin Creed in the living room when suddenly Travis and Daddy came downstairs.

He's leaving?

I immediately approached them before they could leave.

"Travis, you're going somewhere?" I was curious since he is assigned to watch over me.

"Travis and I are going somewhere, Nash. You can enjoy with your friends. Just don't do anything stupid without us knowing," Daddy said. His tone was harsh. It made me feel uneasy.

But why?

I knew something wasn't right but there's nothing I can do about it.

The night came and kailangan ng umuwi nila Zion at Axel.

"Well, see you tomorrow, Nash!" The boys waved at me as they left the gatehouse.

Tatlong oras ang nakalipas and there is still no trace of Travis. I am so bored here at my room! There is no internet, I can't use phones and I can't go out!

So anong gagawin ko?!

I'll probably play some games or read my book until they comes back...

Nah, that's boring!

Suddenly, i heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

There was silence for a few seconds before an unfamiliar voice answered. "Housekeeping.."

A woman voice said before slamming the door trying to open it. My heart thumped wildly against my chest as the person trying to break in.

Shit! Where's everyone?! Where are the guards?!

"T-Travis I need you..." I whispered.

Just then everything went silent. Seconds later, narinig kong tumawa ang babae.

"Oh, sweet Jesus. Your Travis can't do anything but cry after he sees you dead!" she shouted and kicked the door hard.

"Please help me..." my tears fell uncontrollably as I sobbed.