3. the discovery

Mike came back about 10 minutes later. He ran down the stairs and dropped his stuff on the couch. He crouched down and opened the blanket fork to see El, still messing with his supercom and Fee playing with the end of the black t-shirt she was in. The girls looked up and saw Mike. "Come on" Mike said. Fee smiled and got up. While she was sitting in that blanket fort for so long that her legs fell asleep, so when she stood up she fell back down onto the floor with a little thud. Mike immediately crouched down next to her. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. Fee nodded and stood up. "Legs were asleep" she said. Mike just nodded and was actually a bit surprised that she spoke so well, but El didn't. He wondered why but didn't ask. Instead, he stood up and went up the stairs, the girls following closely behind him. "you guys want anything to drink?" Mike asked and went for the fridge. "We have OJ, skim milk, what else.." Fee and El went into the living room. While El was examining the TV, Fee was looking at the shelves. There were a lot of family pictures. "Oh, this is my living room. It's mostly just for watching Tv. Nice right?" he said, putting his hands on top of the tv. "It's a 22 inch. That's like.. 10 times bigger than dustin's" he said to Eleven. 

El then proceeded to walk over to me and looked at the pictures as well. Fee looked at one of the pictures. It was a girl with brown curly hair, and big blue eyes. She was smiling. "she is pretty" Fee said. "I guess. That's my sister Nancy" El started to look at the other pictures. "and that's baby holly and those are my parents. What are your guy's parents like? Did they live close?" El didn't answer but Fee scrunched up her face. She knew she wasn't always in the lab, but she doesn't recall her parents at all. All she remembers from them are 2 dead bodies and a puddle of blood.

"I don't remember" she just said and went on with exploring the so called living room. Mike looked at her confused for a second. What did she mean 'she doesn't know'? Everyone has parents. Or maybe she was adopted. But then she would still have an adoptive family. It didn't make any sense. He chose to not think about it as well. If she wanted to, she could tell him.

El went over to the armchair. "That's our La-Z-Boy. It's where my dad sleeps. You can try it if you want. Yeah" El sat down in the chair and Mike went to the side of it. Fee was watching it from afar not quite understanding what it was. "It's fun" he said. "Just trust me okay?" El nodded, Mike pulled the lever and the La-Z-Boy expanded. Oh boy that really looked fun. El had quite the scared face which then transformed into a smile. 

Fee crossed her arms and just looked at the girl in the swinging armchair. "You can try too!" Mi said and turned to Fee. "Thank you" Fee said and went over to the chair. El stood up and made place for Fee. Fee sat down and pulled the lever. The chair expanded a second time and Fee laughed as the chair rocked back and forth.

"See? Fun right?" Mike asked. "Yes" El said and Fee just nodded.

-

"Ready are you? What knows you are ready?" Mike said in an awful Yoda impression while he slammed the Yoda figurine onto his desk. El looked at him interested. "His name is Yoda he can use the force to move things with his mind. Like this" he continued and threw all his stuff from his desk, demonstrating how Yoda would move things.

'The force?' Fee thought. Is that what it's called? The doctors would always call it telekinesis. Were they wrong the whole time? It does sound better though. El and her had the force! HA! Sounds awesome! She smiled at the thought. While Mike was going off about his dinosaur, with El still listening to him like it's the most important knowledge she will get in life, Fee went to examine more shelves.