| Chapter X. |

I woke up and I was in the middle of some forest I've never been to. It was still night and none of the stars nor a moon was shown. I sat up and bit my lower lip as I was looking around. It was pretty pointless since I couldn't see because of how dark it was. I put my legs closer to me and wrapped my arms around them while thinking of what to do. I was deep in my thoughts but that ended once I heard a branch that cracked behind my back.

I quickly turned around and I saw another shadow figure with some strange weapon in its hand. My eyes widened as I swiftly got up and started to run as far as I could.

I took a small break to catch my breath and leaned against a tree. I also tried my best to calm my mind.

Before I knew it, the figure was right in front of me and in a quick second striking me in the head. I stood there for a while before my legs went completely numb, my ears were ringing and my sight turned black.
.
.
.
.

…."wake up."...

That was what I heard. I heard it pretty far away but each time I started to hear it closer and louder.

.."Come on, you're going to miss school."

I tilted my head to the side with my eyes still shut trying to find out who this voice belonged to.

I felt a touch on my cheek and my eyes shot open at the contact. I sat up and confusingly spoke, "X-Xiao? What are you doing?"

"Your alarm set off many times repeatedly yet you didn't even move an inch. I was a bit worried so I tried to wake you up by myself. Especially when you were sweating all over and flinching. " Xiao replied as he stood up. 

I changed my position to sit cross-legged as I continued talking, "well, thanks for waking me up, I guess."

Xiao just walked up to my night stand and handed me a plate. I looked up at him as he said "here, eat before you go to school."

I nodded and started eating. Meanwhile Xiao also got some clothes for me and sat down next to me with my clothes on his lap. "You know that you don't have to babysit me, right? I'm not some small kid."

Xiao kept silent after my sentence, only his grip on my clothes got stronger. "So..y." he mumbled after a while. I turned my head to him and asked. "What did you say? I couldn't hear you properly." "I'm sorry."

After that, there was an awkward silence. I wasn't sure how to break it, so I just stood up to clean the plate, but Xiao stopped me. He took the plate out of my hand and gave me my clothes instead. "Go change." Was all he said before he headed to the kitchen.

This dude changed so much and we haven't been friends for even like a month. I went into the bathroom to do my hygiene and change. I brushed my hair and decided to keep my hair down.

I walked out of the bathroom and I went to grab my backpack almost ready to head out. I also didn't forget to take my phone and as I was about to walk to the door on the way to school, Xiao stopped me and handed me a launch box with his words, "Put this in your back, in case you get hungry or want to eat something just for a snack."

I looked at him a bit confused for the way he acted, but I put the box in my backpack anyway and gave him my thanks for his generosity.I waved at him as a goodbye before walking out the door and closing it.

While on the way to school I kept thinking about Xiao and his sudden change of behaviour. He even started to talk more than before. The thoughts kept me busy for a time and I was already in the hallway without almost realising.

"Boo!"

"AH!" I Screamed out and turned around, "Hu Tao! Seriously?!" She laughed at my reaction as she joined me on the way. "You should've seen your face!" "Alright, alright, now stop it Tao. I don't need everyone to look at us." I don't think she really heard what I said since she kept on laughing.

Me and Hu Tao Walked into the classroom and sat down next to each other. We talked for a while before the class started.
.
.
.
.
I managed to survive the class and finally I had a break. I hung out with Hu Tao the entire break since there wasn't much to do.

"Guys! Wait!" Someone yelled behind me and Hu Tao. We turned around to see who could've it been. "Hey Yoimiya!" We said in sync as our friend was coming towards us.

She gave both of us a warm hug and continued speaking. "Would you like to join me and the others after school?" "I'm not re-" before I could finish, Hu Tao put her hand on my mouth to shut me up as she started to talk for the both of us. "We'd love to!"

I mentally sighted as I tried to pull away her hand. "Oh alright! We will meet in front of the school gate then!" And Yoimiya ran off to her classroom because of the bell that rang. "Another reason to hate you." I said as I grabbed her wrist to lead her into another class so we wouldn't be late. She just giggled at my speech as we swiftly walked.