| Chapter VIII. |

"Let's put our backpacks home so we won't have to take them everywhere with us and then we can meet up again somewhere, what do you think?" Kazuha suggested. "Good idea, let's meet at the park around 3pm!" Heizou said cheerfully. I agreed with both of them and we separated.

I tried to get to my apartment as soon as possible so I could have enough time. I opened the door and went straight into my room to prepare important stuff into a smaller backpack so I wouldn't drag the big one for school.

I took a shower and changed into different clothes. After taking a refreshing shower I went to the kitchen to cook some food.

In the middle of cooking I got a message. I grabbed my phone and checked the notification. It was a message from Kazuha. I opened his message to see what he could possibly want when we're about to Hang out soon.

Kazu: hey Ae! If you're still home I'd be great if you'd take something delicious to eat!

Aether: Sure, but for what?

Kazu: I would like to have a picnic with you and Heizou. I feel like it would be a great way to spend time and you could get closer to Heizou as well!

Aether: ohh, alright! I'll make sure to take your favourite food then, do you know what Heizou likes?

Kazu: Anything deep-fried and he will love it.

Aether: Okay!

I sent my last message to him and turned my phone off. I quickly made sure that my food was perfectly fine and safe to eat and not burned to ashes.

I put it on a plate and turned off the heat so my apartment wouldn't burn down and grabbed something that I could eat it with. I sat down at the table and dug in.

While I was enjoying my food, I started to hear some noises. And that was a bad sign. I heard giggling just like the first time, just, louder and clearer. And not just that but also footsteps.

I decided to ignore it to see if it would be gone and I continued eating. I felt a soft tug on my leg and in a quick second everything got dark and foggy.

I looked back down and I saw a small girl looking up at me while holding the fabric on my leg. Behind were other footsteps, so I looked behind me and it was that guy from earlier, Xiao. He walked over to me and the little girl with an emotionless expression on his face.

He stopped right next to me as he put one hand on his hip while looking down at the girl. "Ming. Let's go." He said as he grabbed her hand that was on my leg. He turned his head to me and continued talking, " Excuse her, she is playful and likes you, that's why she's mostly here to play."

Great, that explains one thing but what about the fucking other things. I stared at him for a while before I spoke. "That's fine by me as long as there isn't any disaster in my house. But I would like to know about this weird fog and then you're here."

"Let's say it's something like a portal. And about Ming, if you want you can keep her with you, if she does anything too bad, call my name." That was all he answered to my question before he started to leave.

The little girl smiled at me before she became invisible again. I finished my food and washed the dishes. For Heizou I decided to make homemade fries and for Kazuha some fish.

I gathered some potatoes and started to cut them into shapes. After that I put them in a bowl with water to clean them and I put a pot with water and salt on the heat. I made sure that the potatoes were perfectly clean and I boiled them for a while. After they were half boiled I put a pan with oil on the heat as well and turned the pot's heat off and dried the potatoes. The oil was boiling and I fried the potatoes. Finally I was done, I found a medium sized box where I put the fries with a tissue to suck in the oil.

As for Kazuha's fish. I preheated the oven to 400° and put the fish in a baking dish. I seasoned it and put it in the oven and waited for about 20 minutes and checked on it from time to time.

The fish was done and I put it in a box as well to keep it warm. I put the boxes into my backpack and checked the time on my phone. 3:09, shit I thought as I panicked. In the speed of lighting I got my backpack and swung it on my shoulder as I rushed to the front door to put on some shoes. I made sure I locked the door and got on my way to the park.

I runned the whole way to the park and stopped once I saw 2 familiar figures. I trotted up to them as I was catching my breath. "I'm so sorry for being late!" I said between my deep breaths. They laughed a little and Heizou spoke, "no worries! No need to apologize, we're not even at school, so no one will scold you." And laughed again.

Kazuha walked up to me as he held my hand and pulled me closer to them. We walked through the park and we planned the day.