| Chapter VII. |

Aether's pov:

Out of nowhere everything got darker and foggier around me. I couldn't even see the other end of the classroom. It's similar to what happened in the alley. It got suddenly foggier here just like there.

I looked to my side and didn't see Hu Tao next to me. I got a little confused. surely she would tell me that she is leaving, right? I thought.

I sat there for a while, stuffing my notebook and pencil case into my backpack and checking if everything was there.

After checking everything I got up and slowly walked around. I hope it's one of Hu Tao's pranks, but I doubt that. I mean, how would she leave and put fog in a second and make the whole class much darker. That's just impossible.

I got closer to the door and opened it. Before I headed out I turned my head from side to side to see if there's anyone around and everywhere was just that stupid fog.

I walked out of the door and walked through the hall. I did the same as in the classroom. I looked around the hall. It changed, the walls just looked more destroyed and some were slightly scratched.

I got goosebumps on my whole body just by walking around. I was hoping no one would jump at me from the back. At that point I would get a heart attack.

Just as I was thinking about something I didn't see in front of me since I was looking down on my feet I bumped into someone.

My eyes widened as I looked up to see who it was. I immediately realized who it was. "You again?! What are you doing here?" I asked. It was that stupid Xiao guy who I found in my bed.

"I could ask you the same question." He spoke. He crossed his arms and continued, " well, I suppose that you don't know how you got here. So, I'm guessing you got here because of me."

I looked at him confused, "By you? The fuck you mean." He sighed at my sentence and said. "Not entirely by me but because of my karma." The more he spoke the more I got confused.

"Whatever. I'm leaving" He said as he disappeared. Right when he disappeared everything was back to normal. Somehow I was again in the classroom on the floor with Hu Tao next to me.

"Aether!" She yelled quietly as she cupped my cheeks. "Finally you woke up." She said as she put her hands on my shoulders. "What happened?" I asked her.

"You passed out. I was about to call the ambulance but then you just thankly woke up." "Oh, and how long?" " Not too long, but long enough for me to worry a lot." I giggled at her and we hugged for a quick second.

I wonder what that dude meant by his karma, he is so weird.None of those things he said made sence neither what happened just now. I thought.

Hu Tao still kept making sure if I was okay since it's unusual for me to pass out and then we talked for a while until it was time to get out and go to the next class.

.
.
.
.

The last class finally ended and I could leave this hell. I packed my things into my backpack and headed out to wait at the school's gate for Kazuha. I put my earbuds into my MP4 and listened to some songs.

I decided to listen to Out of my league as the first song.It was always loud when the last class ended so it was the best way to prevent my ears from bleeding.

The second song was in like a half and Kazuha showed up. He waved at me with his warm smile. I waved back and took one of my earbuds out.

"Would you like to go to a cafeteria first?" Kazuha asked me. "I'd love to." I replied and we got on our way to the cafeteria.

We heard that someone was running towards us so we turned our heads behind and oh boy, here comes the gremlin with auburn hair color.

"Hi Kazuha and Aether!" Heizou said as he was panting from running. "Hi!" I said in sync with Kazuha.

"Where are you guys going?" Heizou asked. "To the cafeteria." Kazuha answered. "Oh! Can I go with you?" Heizou asked once again with excitement. "Of course!" Kazuha said and Heizou's eyes sparkled at his answer.

He immediately walked next to me and we got back on our way. We talked about all kinds of things.

We arrived at the cafeteria and sat down in a corner. Kazuha decided to order for us so we continued talking while waiting for Kazuha to come back.

Like 3 minutes passed and Kazuha was back with our order and sat down. "And how have you been guys?" Heizou asked. "Very good, just shame we didn't get to hang out sooner." Kazuha said, "good, just some stuff happening." Was my answer.

I talked more with Heizou to get to know him more and hoped that he isn't that annoying as he seemed at the sleepover and especially at the beach, where he dared to splash the cold water on me.

When we finished our drinks and talked for a while, the place started to get more crowded so we decided it would be better to leave.

On the way out I gave Kazuha back his money since he paid for the three of us. He kept declining but he gave up after a while.