| Chapter XI. |

The class has finally come to an end and I was free once again. I checked my phone to see if I got any notifications, and of course, I got spammed by Hu Tao again.

I wonder how she didn't get caught texting me in the middle of the class, I guess she has her own way. “Aether-bro!“ I heard from the hallway, and before I got to look for the sound I got jumpscared once more. Fucking Hu Tao.

“Why do you always leave without waiting for me!“ She screamed into my ear, almost crying. “Maybe because you embarrass me all the time, and I don't want everyone to stare at us, get it?" I told her and sighed right after.

“Are you gonna come and meet up with Yoimiya and whoever else?“ She asked. “Since I get to choose now, no. I am not. I'm actually gonna be busy today, so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't drag me into these sorts of things, at least for today.“

Hu Tao made a 'tsk' sound and crossed her arms. “fine!“ she rolled her eyes and stomped off, happily. 'What the fuck does she snuff?' I asked myself and slowly walked out of the school.

As I walked out, I immediately made my way home and put my things aside. I grabbed my phone once again and went to contacts and called my mom. “Hey mom!“ I greeted her the moment she answered. “Oh, hi honey! I thought that you would call a little later." My mom said.

“Yeah, I know, but I just wanted to call you early, so I did.“ I laughed ( awkwardly) and chatted with her for a little longer.

Crack. “shit." I mumbled very quietly covering the phone's microphone. “I'll call you later once I'm gonna head out, talk to you soon, mom!“ I said quickly and hung up the phone. I facepalmed myself and groaned.

I didn't need to think twice to know who could've been the one who made the sound. I headed to the direction of the sound and saw Xiao once my sight went dark and a little foggy as always when meeting him.

“Do you really have to break all the stuff?“ I asked Xiao. He mumbled to himself and crossed his arms. I shaked my head slightly and walked away to prepare my stuff.

I made sure I got all the important things such as my phone, keys, wallet etc. Before I head out to my parents' house, I took a 20 minute bath and did some other basic hygiene stuff.

I changed into some nicer clothes and went into the kitchen to eat some light food to feed my stomach but not get full completely to the point of almost not being able to move without pain.

I looked at the fridge to find it almost empty, just some fruits and stuff for simple cooking. I decided to go for some nice pomelo. I cut it in ¼ and peeled off the skin. In the meantime, Xiao came back looking over to see what I was doing.

He kept quiet for a while, but still asked after some time. “Are you going somewhere?“ he wondered. I hummed as a response, hoping he would get it. “And where?“ he asked again. “To my parents' house, wanna come too or what?" I said jokingly.

He stayed silent again, and also answered after like 2 minutes. “I wouldn't really mind, I guess.“ he hesitated as he spoke. I don't really know how my parents would react if they'd knew that Xiao is a fucking demon, but, I'll hope it will go smoothly.

As I got back to my senses from a lot of thinking, I realized Xiao was staring at me. Actually, no. He was staring at me AND at the food, with confusion written on his face. As If there was something different than that and anger.

I grabbed one piece of the food and handed it to him. ”You can try some, you know.” His eyes trailed off to my hand and soon he grabbed the piece I handed him. He munched on it for a time and his face had a lot of emotions going on.

I started to ignore him for a while to finish my food and get ready a little more. I washed the bow clean and put it in its place, then I went back and grabbed Xiao's hand. I led him to my room and picked out some clothes for him to change into.

In the meantime that he was changing, I went to grab some brush and comb his hair a little, so it won't be so tingly. Even though he didn't take a bath or anything, it still took him a pretty long time to get into the clothes, at least like fucking 20 minutes, but oh well.

I checked my backpack to see if I have everything I need and then we headed out on our way to my parents' house.

( Finally I got to post this fucking chapter after ghosting)