Babysitter

{WORD COUNT: 2267}

TW: CUSSING, MEANTIONS OF MURDER 

    The next day I had to wake up extra early. I put on a pair of my sweats and my Hawkins High School t-shirt. I threw on my slippers and quickly put my hair in a high ponytail. "Morning, sweets." My mom whispered as she noticed Steve wasn't awake yet. "Morning. What are you doing up? It's 4 in the morning." I told her. I wanted to say goodbye before you left." she said. I rolled my eyes and hugged her. "I planned on leaving notes. I probably still will for the kids." I said. "I would suggest it since you're leaving so early." Mom told me. "Morning, pumpkin." Steve yawned as he slowly woke up. "Morning, love. I need you to get up so we can head out. I already packed our things." I told him. "Do I have to?" he asked with a whine. "Yes, you have to." I sighed. He sighed heavily and threw himself out of bed. "The kids are still asleep, be quiet." I hushed from his loud footsteps walking into the bathroom, where I had left his clothes. "Sorry." he apologized. I smirked and started writing notes to each of the kids, starting with Mike's.

    Mike, we'll pick you up from the airport on Saturday afternoon. Set an alarm for 4:30, your flight leaves at 6:00.

    Then I wrote Eleven's note:

    El, have fun this summer. I'll be back in August with Mike and possibly Max. Don't get into any trouble.

    I picked up a blue glitter gel pen to write Will's note:

    Will, I'll miss you so much this summer, but I'll be back just before college starts, I promise. I'll of course bring Mike, and try to bring Lucas and Dustin. Have fun and don't get into too much trouble. And play some Dungeons and Dragons for me while I'm doing college classes. Love you, Willy. 

    I wrote Jonathan's note last:

    Jonathan, I can't believe how quickly these few days went. I'll miss my stupid twin brother a lot. Have fun with Argyle or whoever. Don't get in trouble and do what mom says. Love you, moron.

    I slipped into each of their rooms and placed the notes on their dressers with Steve before walking downstairs. "Hey, we're gonna head out." I told mom. "Alright, hun. I love you. Have fun, and stay out of trouble." Mom said as she hugged each of us. "I'll see you guys before I start school. And I'll make sure to call when we land." I told her. "Okay, honey. Have a nice flight." she smiled and we walked out. Murray drove us to the airport and headed back to the house when we got there. "Thanks, Murray." I smiled and waved as I shut the door. "No problem, kiddo. Have a good flight and I'll see you when I get back." he said. I nodded and he drove off. I grabbed Steve's hand and we walked into the airport with our luggage. We made it just 30 minutes before our flight departed so we ran to our gate to get in line. I always had anxiety when flying so I was constantly popping my fingers and knuckles on the plane. 

    We landed around mid-afternoon and headed back to the house. We unpacked our things before heading to Dustin's house. "Hey, how was your trip?" he asked. "It was good." I smiled. "Can you drive me to the grocery store by any chance? I need to make a delivery to Eddie." he said. "Yeah, but why would you be making a delivery to Eddie?" Steve asked. "Because Chrissy Cunningham got killed in his trailer, and he's the prime suspect right now. But, the way he explained it seems like something out of the Upside Down." Dustin explained. I weirdly felt my eyes well with tears. I wasn't sure why because I barely knew Eddie. I talked to him at lunch one day, and then played Dungeons and Dragons with him, but that's it. I guess just hearing about death made me seriously upset. Cause I don't think it was Eddie being the prime suspect making me teary. I think it was the fact that Chrissy Cunningham had been killed by some supernatural being. Probably the Mind Flayer somehow or something new from the Upside Down. But that would mean there's a gate open. "Y/n, you okay?" Steve asked waving his hand in front of my face. "Yeah, sorry. I just can't believe she got killed." I marveled. "Let's go, love." Steve said and grabbed my hand as he kissed me on the head. I nodded and we walked out to the car. "We need to pick up Max and Robin too." Dustin told us. "Got it." Steve pulled out of the driveway and headed to Robin's house.