Lose You Yet

{WORD COUNT: 482}

TW: CUSSING, MENTIONS OF D3ATH AND MVRDER, (POSSIBLE) MENTIONS OF RELIGION (??)

    We drove down the road towards Vecna's house, completely silent. Eddie, Dustin, and Robin were in the very back. Max and Lucas were sitting at the table behind Nancy's chair. Erica and I were sitting on the couch behind Steve's chair. Nancy was in the passenger seat, and Steve was in the driver's seat. Everything was perfect until November 6, 1983. The day Will Byers, my younger brother, my best friend, went missing. Then we found out about the Upside Down on November 13, 1983. October 1984: we force the Mind Flayer out of my younger brother's body. On July 4, 1985, Billy Hargrove and many others die because of the Mind Flayer. Now, on March 18, 1986, we fight Vecna in a battle to the d3ath. Praying we'll be the ones to survive. But something told me not all of us would. Max and I both had our headphones plugged in to keep Vecna away for as long as possible. I wouldn't be able to take mine off, especially once we get into the Upside Down. Max, on the other hand, would be forced to so she could lure him in and let Nancy, Steve, Robin, and I k1ll this son of a b1tch. None of us wanted to do this in particular, but we were the only ones who could handle it. Brenner was d3ad. Hawkins lab was shut down. El's powers were gone, and even if she had them she lives in California with my family now. God, I should've moved with them. But I couldn't leave everyone else behind. And Steve wouldn't have left, and that's not a marriage I'm into. We pulled up to Henry Creel's childhood home and Max, Lucas, and Erica got out of the car. "Max." I called. She pulled off her headphones for a second. "Yeah?" she asked. "Don't get k1lled. I'm not ready to lose you yet." I told her. She nodded her head and weakly smiled before putting her headphones back on and walking inside with Lucas and Erica. I can't believe we're going through this again. Why couldn't it have all ended with Will coming home? Why did a gate have to stay open? Why was Will the one to hold the Mind Flayer and keep this going for two more years? Why couldn't it all just end? The van pulled away and the last of us headed to Eddie's trailer. I watched Max, Lucas, and Erica, and prayed for their safety. I wasn't very religious, but I did believe there was some higher being. (Please don't start drama in the comments. This is personally my belief, and I don't want drama to be started. If I see any at all I will delete all comments and have them reported.) So I prayed to whoever was up there. May it be God, Buddha, or whoever. Just let it be heard. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's super short, but it needed to be its own chapter I feel. That's usually my reasoning for what most extra short chapters are, but it's true for them all. Or I can't finish writing it and it just happened on the perfect spot for me to publish it. Or it was getting to be so long I needed to continue it onto a new chapter. Whatever the reason is, it doesn't matter. Continue on though. Please.