escape•

sᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ: ʏ/ɴ ɪs sɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴄʜɪʟʟʏ ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ sʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀs ᴀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴ. sʜɪᴛ ɢᴏᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ᴀʟᴇxᴀɴᴅʀɪᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀʀʟ ʀᴜɴ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴇsᴄᴀᴘᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ.

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢs: ғʟᴜғғ!! ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ (ɴᴏᴛ ᴏғ ᴀɴʏ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ), ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ, ɢᴜɴs&ᴋɴɪᴠᴇs, ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ, ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛs ɪᴛ.

it was a chilly fall night, around 10:00 you were sitting on your bed, spinning your pen through your fingers. you were writing in your journal, keeping track of the days and what's happened. you bit your thumb nail, zoning out, until you hear shouting outside of your open window.
   "there's a breach!" you heard a voice yell, it sounded like aaron. this was followed by lots of shouting, then, gunfire. it must be serious. you thought to yourself. you hopped up and threw on a flannel, your jacket, and your boots. it was gonna be cold out there. you tossed your backpack on your back, you never know what could go down, so you decided to be smart and be prepared. you ran down your stairs and out of your house. your eyes first landed on rosita and tara running out of the infirmary.

    "the south wall was under repairs and nobody was guarding it!" rosita shouted to you

   "well who was smart enough to do that?" you asked back, matching their pace and running with them.
   "spencer." tara says matter of factly.
  "of course!" you say back to her, unamused. one stupid person can dictate so many lives, you would think he'd know that by now.

  you all turned a corner and there were walkers everywhere. you could consider it a small horde. your eyes went big, you looked up and saw rick and michonne running down the stairs of their house. they looked over to you three standing at the edge of the horde.
     "open the gate! lead them out!!" rick shouted to you. you nodded frantically and pulled out your machete, you defended yourself from the closest stragglers and began yelling to the horde, over the moans and groans.
     "rosita, tara, defend the houses!" rick yelled to the other two. which led to them running toward the homes that they knew children were in.
   "over here!! hey!! dumbasses!! come on!" you picked up a trash can lid and began hitting the back of your machete against it. you were prepared to lead them out into the darkness, as much as you didn't want to, but there were babies and children and old people here. you thought their lives cost much more than yours.

    more walkers came from each direction and eventually knocked you down. shit. you thought that was it. you unholstered your gun and began shooting. tara and rosita were too distracted, as was everybody else. you scrambled to get up and before you knew it, somebody was right there shooting the walkers that were trying to attack you. one fell directly onto you, their brains splattered all over your face and clothes. you looked up, it was carl shooting from the porch of his house. he ran down the steps and through the horde as you fully got back onto your feet and picked your machete back up.