𝟬𝟬𝟳 Sokka's Instincts

CHAPTER SEVEN
Sokka's Instincts

❝Why do boys always thinksomeone has to be the leader?❞

someone has to be the leader?❞

· · ─────────── ·𖥸· ─────────── · ·

  FEIFEI stands in front of a wall glowing with a warm, golden light. The golden shades dance and twist, creating intricate patterns and telling ancient stories that cover every inch of the surface. With awe, she runs her fingers along the lines and shapes that flow down the wall around her.

  The golden stream seeps into the cracks, carving out the story of Avatar Suijin's exile from her homeland after a sudden end to the war. Feifei watches as the light flows down to the floor, forming a perfect circle at her feet.

  A shiver runs through her, and her eyes fill with tears. She reaches for the nearest flame, searching for warmth, and spots stone mirrors hanging nearby. In her reflection, her eyes glow with a bright white light until the whiteness fills her vision.

  From the bright haze, a busy figure appears, surrounded by vials and scrolls, muttering excitedly to herself. Feifei leans in, trying to catch her words.

  "Master Suijin!" a booming voice suddenly calls out that Feifei jumps slightly in surprise,  as it cuts through the air. Another figure steps into view, tall and strong, standing before the master.

  "Xinfei, I'm glad you're here. I thought you might miss our meeting today! How fares the battle at Crescent Island?" Suijin's quill dances across her scrolls.

  Feifei heard of Xinfei before. His name echoed in the dusty pages of old history books that had been forgotten in classrooms and left untouched in libraries. He was the Avatar who followed Suijin, the wise master who had guided him in the ways of balance and peace, the way of the Avatar. Suijin herself had once sipped the sacred water from the Spirit Oasis, a blessing that had made her the first female leader of the Northern Water Tribe. The magical waters blessed her with a long life, allowing her to remain youthful, as if she were still in her mid-twenties, even though she was nearing a hundred years old.

  Suijin had confided in Raava, the spirit of light and peace, that she wished to pass on her Avatar legacy to someone new, someone wiser and stronger for the changing world. Raava listened and, respecting her wishes, left Suijin's body. Though she took most of her power with her, she chose Xinfei from the Earth Kingdom to become the next Avatar.

  "The battle plans are set, but I've come for another reason," Xinfei's voice booms, his fists tightly clenched at his sides.

  "Is it about our last Avatar training session?" Suijin asks cautiously, her bright smile fading like the last light of dusk.