𝟬𝟬𝟴 Jet & the Lost Boys

CHAPTER EIGHT
Jet and the Lost Boys

❝You're the only oneI have left to trust

I have left to trust.❞

· · ─────────── ·𖥸· ─────────── · ·

  "RUN!" Sokka shouts, his voice cracking with urgency. As they scramble to escape, a firebender appears and sets the bushes behind them ablaze. "We're cut off!"

  "Thanks to your instincts, Sokka!" Feifei snaps with a scowl. She clings to Aang's hand tightly, as if she'll never let go.

  "Now's not the time to argue!" Aang scolds before his eyes widening in alarm as he notices Sokka's shirt catching fire. "Sokka, your shirt!"

  Sokka yelps, jumping in shock and letting out a high-pitched scream. Feifei tries to hold him still with a firm grip. In a flash, Katara steps forward, using her waterbending to douse the flames.

  In just a second, Sokka is drenched from head to toe. He looks dejected, but then he smiles in relief as Feifei extracts the water from him and pours it into Katara's water pouch.

  With the Fire Nation soldiers closing in, Sokka straightens up and tries to bluff his way out. "If you let us pass, we promise not to hurt you," he says.

  "What are you doing?" Katara hisses at her brother with a frown.

  "Bluffing," he replies.

  One of the soldiers, wearing an eye patch, laughs at Sokka's words. But before he can say anything else, he suddenly collapses, unconscious.

  "Nice work, Sokka! How did you do that?" Aang exclaims, clearly impressed.

  Sokka shrugs, looking puzzled. "Uh, instinct?"

  Feifei rolls her eyes in exasperation at the boys' cluelessness. Someone must have taken down the soldier, not Sokka's so-called instinct.

  "You're both being ridiculous," she mutters under her breath.

  Just then, Katara points upward, capturing everyone's attention. "Look!"

  As Feifei's gaze follows Katara's gesture, she spots a young man perched on a high tree branch. With a swift motion, he readies his dual hook swords and leaps down. He lands gracefully on top of two soldiers, knocking them out with a powerful thud. Without pausing, he sweeps his weapons across the ground, toppling two more soldiers.