𝟬𝟬𝟲 The Banished Prince

CHAPTER SIX
The Banished Prince

❝If you're going toblame yourself, I won't argue

❝If you're going to
blame yourself, I won't argue.❞

· · ─────────── ·𖥸· ─────────── · ·

  AS they reach their camp by the river, Aang folds up his glider. The four of them stand by the shore, their recent escape from the pirates still weighing on their minds.

  "I used to kind of look up to pirates," Aang admits, his usual cheer dimmed. "But those guys are terrible."

  Katara flashes a mischievous smile, holding out a waterbending scroll she swiped from the pirates' ship. "I know," she says, her tone triumphant. "That's why I took this!"

  Aang and Sokka gasp, wide-eyed with surprise. Feifei, however, remains unfazed. She had already figured it out, putting two and two together.

  "No way!" Aang exclaims, surprised as he stares at the scroll.

  Katara appears excited. "Isn't it great?"

  Feifei's mood darkens instantly. "You almost got us into serious trouble!" she snaps, glaring at Katara. "That was reckless! If I wasn't on your side, I'd have returned that scroll to the pirates!"

  Katara's smile fades as her eyes harden. "But you didn't seem bothered when they stole it from the Water Tribe," she counters.

  Feifei's patience wears thin, as if fire licking at her heart. "It belongs to them now!" she growls. "We had no right to take it. You endangered us all!"

  "No wonder they were trying to hack us up!" Sokka interjects, clearly unhappy about his sister's actions. "You stole their waterbending scroll! Feifei's right──you put us all in danger."

  Katara tries to lighten the mood with a grin. "I prefer to call it high-risk trading." Aang lets out a small laugh, but Sokka and Feifei remain stone-faced. Realizing her joke didn't land, Katara's tone turns more serious. "Sokka, think about it. Where do you think they got this? They stole it from a waterbender. It rightfully belongs to us!" She looks at Feifei, her voice firm. "They stole it first!"

  Sokka dismisses her argument with a wave of his hand. "It doesn't matter," he says firmly. "You put all of our lives in danger just to learn some stupid, fancy splashes."

  "These are real waterbending forms! You know how important it is for Aang to learn waterbending!" Katara shoots back.

  "Whatever," he mutters, walking away.