𝟬𝟬𝟰 Her Departure

CHAPTER FOUR
Her Departure

❝Why are you laughing?This isn't funny!❞

This isn't funny!❞

· · ─────────── ·𖥸· ─────────── · ·

  FEIFEI has made a promise to Prince Yichen, and the time to fulfill it has finally arrived. She is determined to find him──and her father──no matter the challenges she might face.

  In her room, she moves quickly, gathering everything she'll need for the journey north with the Avatar and his friends. They are heading to the Northern Water Tribe to learn waterbending, and Feifei is eager to go with them. She stuffs her belongings into two messenger bags—one for her clothes, the other for her books and scrolls──making sure not to leave anything important behind.

  She then heads down the hall to the reading room, where Ruyi usually plans the warriors' training sessions. Without hesitation, she grabs every waterbending scroll she can find, some untouched for months, and crams them into her bag. They might come in handy along the way.

  The room is in disarray when she leaves──parchments, books, ink bottles, and brushes are scattered across the floor. But Feifei doesn't look back. Her focus is on the journey ahead, where Aang and the others are already waiting at their temporary quarters, ready to set off.

  As Feifei approaches the entrance of her house, a startled scream escapes her lips. Standing on the porch, bathed in moonlight, is her mother, appearing almost like a ghost in her flowing yellow Hanfu, which gleams pale white in the dim light.

  "Mother!" Feifei gasps, her face brightening. "You weren't at the grand feast. Where were you?"

  With a soft chuckle, her mother responds, "Why would I be there? The king's a bit of a lunatic. His hunger for wealth knows no bounds, and it saddens me that our people worship him like dogs..."

  Feifei's eyes widen in shock. "Mother! How could you say that?"

  Her mother shrugs, a faint smirk on her lips. "You and I both know it's true." She then places a gentle hand on Feifei's shoulder, guiding her toward the gate. "Your father must be proud of who you've become, little Feifei... As for your sister, I'm not sure she can be saved from this island."

  Feifei frowns, confused. "I thought you didn't believe Father is still out there."

Her mother raps her lightly on the arm, as if scolding a child. Feifei yelps, rubbing the spot where her mother struck.

  "When did I say that?" her mother asks, raising a brow.

  "B-because you never talk about Father anymore! So, I thought you believed he di──" Feifei's words are cut short by another quick rap on her arm. "Ow! Stop that!" she protests, pouting.