Chie Satonaka - Part II

It was almost midnight , and in a small town like Inaba , that meant that every person was asleep . Inaba wasn't like a big city like Tokyo or Shibuya , the town would close up shops by sunset , and the townspeople would all fall asleep way before midnight . For that night it was even sooner , as it had started raining just around dusk , so that meant the shops would close even sooner .

This created the perfect ruse for Chie , she quietly snuck out of her room , the sound of her tiptoeing was muffled by her socks . She had some difficulty finding the keys , and when she finally found them and made her way to the front door of her house , she flinched and froze up when the door made a squealing noise as she opened it , but in the end that wasn't enough to wake her parents up .

Next , she snuck into the neighbor's house , the rain made her hesitant, but her raincoat was enough to keep herself warm . Their door was locked , but they left the bathroom window was loose as the knob was broken , and although they barricaded it with a mop , some force was all she needed to open it , and she also happened to be exactly the right size to go through it . After that , it didn't take her too long to find the living room , where an old CRT television was positioned in the corner . She was so eager to reach it she bumped her toe against the table . The pain she felt was agonizing , but even more agonizing was the fact that she couldn't scream the pain away , and even more agonizing still is how the impact caused a glass of water to fall on the ground and shatter , creating a loud and jarring sound that shook the entire house . Nevertheless , it seemed her cover wasn't blown , the house remained quiet for a while . This time with more caution , she reached the television , but she still stepped on few glasses . Despite the pain , she managed to keep quiet as she sat before its convex screen , and took a deep breath .

" calm down ... Yukiko needs you ... channel the spirit of the dragon ... " Chie looked at the screen firmly " dwellers of the mist , show me what I desire . Dwellers of the mist , show me what I desire . Dwellers of the mist , show me what I desire "

It was almost midnight , Yu was certain no one was going to interrupt him this late at night

It was almost midnight , Yu was certain no one was going to interrupt him this late at night . He could see through the window of his room how rainy the weather was outside , with lightning and thunder shaking the quiet town with their intense sound and flashing . He turned back to the lonely small TV in his room , and began chanting the incantation that would open the Mysterious Mist Channel before him .

" dwellers of the mist , show me what I desire . Dwellers of the mist , show me what I desire . Dwellers of the mist , show me what I desire "

Soon , the previously dead TV began displaying a dirty static screen , which meant that incantation was a success . The display was much clearer this time , in fact , it was clearer than any other time before it . Yu was disturbed , with such a clear display , he could only dread what he was going to see this time , but he resolved himself to continue watching . He was expecting to see Yukiko this time , or at least the woman in a kimono that was on display last night , but that was not the case .