CHAPTER 12 : Infinity in Hesitation

With Aine having escaped into the space/time rift and her readings disappearing, Seira and Iris have no choice but to stop the pursuit and head back to Mount Haruna, reporting their failure to everyone inside.

In the briefing room...

Dark General: "Well, we're in quite a predicament there, now that Yuuki Aine has escaped from our base and potentially searching for Kiseki Raki."

The Ninja: "True. Who knows what she's going to do once she finds Raki. For now, we'll focus our efforts on dimensional search and try to pinpoint Aine-san location."

Aohime: "Please do. I'll try helping you out however I can."

Siniya: "Me, too. My powers might come in handy."

The two leaders and their surrogate celestial sisters then leave the room, leaving only Seira, Iris, Miyu, Aria, Camilla, Elfin, Mio, Karen, Mirai, and Coco in hologram form.

Iris: "Once again, I'm sorry I couldn't stop Aine right away. She moved too fast for my attack to hit her."

Miyu: "It wasn't entirely your fault, my other self."

Camilla: "Still, this Ayin, I never thought she was able to generate such power to break free. Didn't Ninja-san try to wipe out her idol energy?"

Aria: "He did, but that new, strange power of hers created some sort of... irregularity? From what I could sense, her Innovator power was gone, and I couldn't tell whether her idol energy survived or not."

Mio: "The moment I sensed Aine, I felt nothing but malice and desperation from her. And, that strange energy... that was not idol energy."

Karen: "Not idol energy, you say?"

Mio: "The truth is, I've already sensed it back when she started betraying us back then."

Coco: "I tried analyzing the traces of energy left inside the containment chamber, and... it was unlike anything I've ever seen before, at least from her. It felt more like... nothingness?"

Camilla: "Ayin, you say? That's far too literal."

Coco: "Further analysis revealed there was something else within these traces of energy. It was something that felt very much like... Ichigo-chan, and also Seira-chan."

Camilla: "Ah, for crap's sake. I knew something like that is gonna pop-up sooner or later."

Elfin: "No, not another one of these... Haven't we stopped its revival multiple times already?"

Seira: "I tire of this..."

Iris: "Which means, long story short, this strange power was born from her intense desire to... unify everyone within the Aikatsu of her visions. Wait, no, the Aikatsu the gods envisioned."

Mio: "Through Raki, obviously."

Aria: "If common sense could not open her eyes, then what?"

Miyu: "Should we ask Hoshimiya­-senpai and Kiriya-senpai?"

Camilla: "I guess we should. They might know things that we don't. Let's contact them, shall we?"

Everyone else nods.

Coco: "I'll try contacting them right away."

Coco places both her hands on her head, trying to establish contact with Ichigo and Aoi, who she believes are currently at Starlight Academy. But, she notices something.

Coco: "Huh? They're already on their way here?"

Iris: "Really?"

Coco: "Yes, with their Gundams and everything."