Chapter 3: Second Glance

⚠️EDIT: no matter how many times i updated the song into the darn chapter, it wouldn't work.
La Vie En Rose- paranoid Dj
~~~~~Y/N~~~~~
I woke with a start, rubbing my temples, and shielding my eyes from the blinding sun. My sister stands in the middle of the window, the golden rays shining through the blonde ringlets of her hair, making her look more angelic than usual. Her ocean eyes stare into mine.
"It's practically noon, my dear sister. Unless you wish to waste away in your bed, I suggest you come get some lunch." Her white dress swishes as she gracefully walks out of the room, carefully shutting the door behind her. I shoot out of bed, turning on the old stereo in my room while getting ready. The only station you get is a local station, run by a man with a soothing voice. The jazzy tune playing finally fades to crackling silence.
"Good afternoon!" His voice crackles and pops with static, but something familiar nags at you about the voice. "Did you all enjoy Mardi Gras last night? I sure know I did! I met this pretty little dame with the cutest smile and (h/c) locks that practically refracted the lights of the festival. She was quite drunk, poor thing. Hahaha! I never got to say goodbye! So if your listening, dear, I would like to apologize for my swift leaving." His voice drops an octave as he says the last sentence. My eyes widen as I run into the kitchen, practically dragging the stereo with me.
"Y/N, was her name, I believe." I screech as your sister looks at you with disbelief.
"HE SAID MY NAME!" I screech at her, face flaming
"HE SAID YOUR NAME!" She screeches back at me, grabbing my shoulders and jumping up and down. His voice comes back on, silencing the both of you.
"I would like to dedicate this song to the little doe that has captured my attention." Silence for a moment before a slow, romantic, jazzy tune begins to play. It was obviously Alastors voice, and I swoon at the romantic gesture. I sat at the kitchen wooden table, enwrapped in the soft tune, which is obviously in a different language. After the song ended, he clears his throat.
"Now! it is time for the call ins, where I will be answering any questions you have!" A call immediately goes through.
"Hello! What is your question?" A shaky male voice cuts through the couple seconds of silence.
"What are your thoughts on the murders of New Orleans? The officers still have no idea who it could be. The killer seems to cover his tracks well." A small moment of silence. My stomach turns flips thinking about the New Orleans serial killer, how could someone be so cold hearted?
"Ah, yes, I was expecting this question. I want the citizens of New Orleans not be frightened. The law will find them. Someday they will mess up, and they will be found." A shiver runs up my spine at his tone. He seems more upset about the murders than anyone, but is handling it well.
"Well if that is all, let's go to the second caller!" His jovial voice comes back full force. "What is your question, dear, and let's keep it on a happier note, I don't want all of my listeners to be down! Hahaha!"
"Hi! Yes, I think the 'dame' you're talking about is my sister!" Silence cuts through the air, and my head whips around, looking for my sister. She was no where to be seen.
"Your sister! My, my what a coincidence! That little doe truly enraptured me! Does she happen to be with you?" His voice was practically shaking with joy as he talks to your sister. Anxiety bubbles up as i shakily walk to the living area, where the landline is. Your sister gives her response, before beckoning you over, then thrusting the phone into your hands with a wide smile.
"Ah... Hello, Alastor?" My statement sounds more like a question and my ears are met with a jovial laugh through the other line.
"Well, hello, my dear Y/N! I was hoping you listened to my station. Did you like the song?" He questions. My heart sped up thinking about the beautiful song he sang for you.
"It was beautiful! I had no idea you had such a beautiful singing voice, Al." A flirty tone on my lips. Another laugh is immediately heard, and I immediately begin to mentally curse myself for calling him 'Al'...
What if he hates it?
"My dear, you are the only one I would sing for..." the same flirty tone reaches your my ears, and my face immediately starts to heat up, before I can respond, he says something else.
"I muted the radio so you and I could talk in private. Everyone else will think it's a glitch, and I will play it off as a glitch. Can you come up to the radio station? I would love to have a talk with you while you're not absolutely inebriated! Hahaha!" He laughs at his own joke, seeming like the most funny person he's ever heard of. My face burns brighter.
"Yes, of course, Alastor! I will be there soon!" My voice comes out high pitched and excited and can practically see him doing a sly smirk as he stated his last response.
"It's a date then, I will see you later my little doe~" Then the call ends, and his jovial voice comes back onto the radio.
"Hello? Can you all here me? Is this thing on?" another voice suddenly joins him, sounding far away.
"Well I can hear you loud and clear!" Studio laughter immediately erupts after the voice says this.
"Well if that will be all, I will end my show here today! Enjoy these tunes I handpicked for you all! Stay tuned! Until next time my dears!" the radio shuts off and romantic jazzy tunes immediately began playing. I then turn to my sister, practically shaking in joy.
It wasn't a dream. He is real, and he seems to fancy you!
"Y/N! Why didn't you tell me you met the Alastor! He is one of the most popular radio hosts in all of New Orleans!" She yells at me, before grabbing my wrist and dragging me into her room.
"If you're going on a date with him, we need to make you look the part!"

~~~~~~~~~~
Hello, my dear readers, i hope you enjoyed this chapter, i know i did! *cues the laughter*
next chapter will be sickly sweet with a tang of blood ;)
disclaimer: i do not own hazbin hotel or any of its characters i may use.
until next time my dears!
~~~~~~~~~~~