Josie

~~~~~Josie~~~~~
I was awoken by loud bangs onto my door. Since my sister left to live with her husband, things have been lonely for me. I was so used to her company, it makes me so terribly depressed. Sure, Alastor and Y/N come to visit me frequently, but it's the one reminder that I'm the only one alone. She deserves it, though. Our father was terrible to her; she deserves to be happy.
I sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, before throwing on a white robe over my nightgown. The chilly air seeps through the windows, and I almost expect Y/N's voice to call out to me, but it never comes. My hair stands when I peak through the curtains. Two officers stand at my door, going to knock again. I spring to the door, opening it with a strained, sleepy smile. My bed hair must be evident. The two officers look towards each other with an emotion I cannot read.
"Good morning, officers, what do I owe the pleasure? I apologize for my appearance, it seems you just caught me at a bad time." I say, smiling slightly, bowing my head in apology. The one closest to the door coughs, clearing his throat.
"Good morning, ma'am. Do you happen to be Josie Anne L/N?" He asks slowly, making my eyes shoot open.
"I am she... Is everything alright?" My anxiety grows at his silence, until the one behind him speaks up.
"It seems your sister, F/N Jones, was shot this morning, and she did not survive. There were men illegally poaching deer on their land, and shot her and her husband, Alastor Jones. He did not make it either. We are so sorry for your losses, Miss L/N. It also appears Y/N and Alastor were working together as the New Orleans serial killers. We would like to bring you in for questioning, but we understand if you need some time..." I blocked out what he said after learning my sister and her husband were killed, and dropped to my knees, sobbing and screaming. I hit the floor with the pinky side of my fist, hearing a crunch, and feeling hot, searing pain, but nothing at all as well. I feel a set of strong hands picking me up. Mumbles reach my ears, but I have no interest in listening.
"Ma'am? I know this must be hard. Can you hear my voice? We have your sister's diary. We thought you might want to read it, before we take it into evidence." His voice finally reaches me, and my feet numbly hold me up. My eyes burn holes into their shoes. My brows furrow. Evidence?
"Evidence? Diary?" My sobs come out in bursts.
I can't believe she's gone.
The two large men look to each other again in silent concern.
"We have reason to believe Alastor and Y/N are the reasons behind the string of murders." He removes his hands from me, his eyes screaming grief and, yet, a twinge of happiness.
"S-she couldn't be... Could she? She... She just got... married to Alastor... So... how...? I can't do this. First dad-" He cuts me off with more news.
"We also have reason to believe she was the cause of your father's death, as she wrote in this journal. You are free to read it while we are here, but we have to take it into evidence after you're done." I wince at his words. I had suspicions she had killed her father, but he would've killed her if she didn't get rid of him. I would never rat her out.
My head nods towards the two men, and I open my door wider, stepping aside with a soft 'come in'. Tears continue to fall as they sit at the oak kitchen table. They hand me the small leather journal wrapped in string. My shaky hands reach for it, and when I lift it, a small piece of paper falls from it. I take a deep breath, sitting down the book and opting for the loose paper. My eyes widen when I learn the letter is addressed to me.
My dear sister, Josie
If you are reading this, I was either caught or I am dead. Alastor, too. Both of us are the same, dear sister. Did you know, the night we met, he killed three men, because he heard what they had planned for us? Rape. Death. Humanity is the circle of life. In this world, its eat or be eaten, and we have chosen eat. I know you cannot possibly understand us, but that is okay. I love you more than life itself, Roe-Joe. I am so sorry for everything, and I want you to know that I appreciate every single time you patched my wounds, snuck me scraps, held me while I sobbed in that forsaken cellar, and most of all: thank you for your love and acceptance of me. I wouldn't be alive without you. I need you to understand, Alastor did not push me into killing, for my hands were already stained in blood. You will find love, dear sister. You will have the family you dreamed of, and you will have everything you want. I just know it. I know one day, you'll have to read this, but in my mind, you never will. Again, I am terribly sorry, Sister. I love you so much.
Sincerely,
Y/N Jones & Alastor Jones
My crying ceases whilst reading the letter, but comes back full force at the end, teardrops dripping onto the worn paper. The main officer puts a hand on my shoulder, sliding the letter back into place into the back of the leather book with a sympathetic glance. The other officer remained standing through the ordeal, remaining behind his colleague. He wears the same look. I take a deep breath, looking up towards the officer with sorrow stricken eyes.
"I think I'm going to need some time..." I say, my voice quivering. He pats my shoulder, giving me another apology, then standing and leaving, leaving me alone with my thoughts. As soon as the door shuts and the crank of the old engine fades away, I stand, making my way towards the back door, towards the shed in our back yard. The old shed stares back at me, mocking my pain. The worn building looks exactly how I feel, but I need to find it.
I rummaged through the old building until I find it, a case of needles, each positioned perfectly into hundreds of rows. An inside smile creeps onto my lips as I take on, burring it into the hem of my dress.
"Let's see what that thrill is, Dear sister."

~~~~~~~~
I realized I needed a Josie chapter before continuing my brainstorming habits.
Until next time my deers~~~
~~~~~~~~