Chapter 15: Broadcast (short)

Alastor and I sit in front of his blood red microphone, looking at each other intently. He coughs before tapping it's side. The microphone begins to glow, and an eye opens in the center. Alastor's smile widens and he leans forward, broadcasting his beautiful voice for all of hell to hear.

"Hello, dear sinners! Alastor here." He stops, and I feel myself smile widely. It had been decades since we've done this, yet it's almost as if we had never stopped. I also lean toward the mic, belting out my greeting.

"And Y/N! Todays usual talk show was so daft, was it not?" I smile bashfully and the mic emits studio laughter. Alastor also laughs and continues for me, wrapping his long fingers around the microphone and bringing it close to his plush grey lips. He speaks with extreme punctuation.

"Yes indeedy, my dear. So, we were thinking, why not make our own broadcast? Not like our usual ones either. I'm in the mood for a change." He smirks while looking over to me, I scoot closer to him, and he leans the mic towards me. I wave my hands in circles, emitting a red glow from my fingertips.

"You all know The Radio Demon and Viper, but you don't know Alastor and Y/N." My voice crackles as the bittersweet nicknames roll off my tongue, and Alastor's eyes glow bright in amusement at my annoyance.

"That's right. So, we pondered over topics to talk about, and we decided to tell our story." A dark blush spreads across his face as the microphone emits "Aww's" and whistles. I grab my DEER husband's hand, entangling our fingers together like vines; he gives me the most loving, sincere smile that has ever graced my eyes.

"It all began in 1931, right after the Great Depression. Miss Y/N here decided to drink herself into oblivion during Mardi Gras to where she didn't even know where she was! Fell right onto the pavement at my feet! I do admit, this little doe immediately enthralled me. Although stunning in death, she was truly a sight to behold in life. She was just so different from the other women of that time. Brash, careless, smart, bloodthirsty..." His static fills every inch of my ears, followed by his dark laugh. He continues for a while then says his farewells, giving the microphone to me.

"Alastor was the first man to show me compassion, love. It was very foreign to me, and it terrified me. They say love takes time and effort, and as much as I want to agree, love with Al was a walk through the park." My emotions almost get away from me, a tear threatening to drip its way down my cheek, but I stop it. Alastor gazes towards me with love stricken eyes, and I'm sure my expression matches his.

"I think that's enough for today, my little doe. Have a wonderful day in Hell, folks! Until next time!~" The microphone automatically shuts off, leaving us in silence. I lean in to kiss him passionately, wrapping my arms around his neck to play with his ears. He cups my face, running a clawed thumb over my cheekbone. He pulls away, knocking his head against mine.

"I love you more than afterlife itself, Y/N." He breathes. I close my eyes, rubbing my head against his.

"I love you more, Alastor."

~~~~~~~~
I think I'm going to rewrite the last couple of chapters, because the broadcast gave me writer's block fr fr

Until next time~ <3
~~~~~~~~