Chapter 6

RJ ran towards the bathroom, not caring which one it was, and shoved the stall door open to release her stomach contents into the toilet

RJ ran towards the bathroom, not caring which one it was, and shoved the stall door open to release her stomach contents into the toilet. She continued to throw up until her stomach was empty, her hair sticking to her sweaty forehead and vomit on the top of her new dress. She heard the bathroom door open, but she couldn't care enough to check who it was, she was trying to get her eyesight to stop spinning. She felt someone grab her hair and pull it away from her face, she turned to find Diesel behind her rolling toilet paper on his other hand. She gave him a thankful smile while he wiped the vomit from her dress.

"That's a shame, I really liked this dress." He said as he continued to wipe as much vomit away as he could, trying to distract her from the situation. She rolled her eyes and tried breathing in through her nose and out through her mouth, ignoring the vomit smell. Diesel grabbed more toilet paper and wiped the sides of her mouth; she looked up at him and when her eyes met his he gave her a smile.

"Thanks for taking care of me." She said to him as he brushed her hair off her forehead. He looked at her with adoration and kissed her forehead.

"Anything for my girl." He responded, his lips against her forehead. Her skin grew hot with a blush and her stomach filled with butterflies. She groaned and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"What?" he asked as his hand rubbed the back of her head.

"If you keep saying those things to me, I'm gonna hurl again." She mumbled into his shoulder.

"Well, I'm sorry you are so repulsed my me." He responded with a half-smile on his face.

"No, no, it's not that you repulse me. I just threw up and now you say those things to me," she pulled her head away from his shoulder to look in his eyes, "you're giving me butterflies and it's gonna make me puke." She finished her statement with a tight-lipped smile on her face. He just opened his mouth in an O shape and wrapped his arms under her shoulders and the backs of her knees to pick her up.

"I'm sorry RJ." He said as he set her on the sink, he stood between her legs and wet a paper towel so he could put it on her forehead, his other hand on her cheek.

"It's okay. You're cute when you're romantic." She said smiling as she leaned into his touch. He just smiled and continued to pat her forehead with the wet paper towel to try and cool her down. His jaw clenched as he thought back to what happened, he looked at the girl in front of him and his head filling with regretful thoughts. If I just held onto her hand tighter, he thought to himself, only causing more pain. She saw his expression and brought her hand up to his cheek and ran in down to his neck.

"Stop blaming yourself Diesel." She told him with a serious expression on her face, she held onto the back of his neck and brought his forehead down to hers. He shook his head and looked into her eyes.

"I should've protected you." He said, his voice cracking and tears filling his eyes. Her mouth fell open, having never seen this side of him before, she brought both hands to his face and forced his head up to look at her eyes.