Chapter 2

The next day

The next day

The Egyptian Kings weren't the first gang that tried to push the Jets off their turf, and they won't be the last. The Egyptians, however, have given the Jets a hard time these last few weeks. That's what made the Jets wary at night, the Egyptians were good at sticking to the shadows. The Jets could walk down the street and people move out of their way; the Egyptians didn't have that power. If the Egyptians wanted to have an advantage over a Jet, they had to sneak up on them, that's what happens when their bark is worse than their bite.

The Jets knew that RJ could take care of herself, considering she could kick any of their asses, but that didn't stop them from worrying about her. So, that's how she ended up walking back to her and Riff's apartment with Tony as the sun was setting on the city.

"You do realize that I am capable of walking home myself, right?" she asked.

He rolled his eyes and looked down at the girl he considered his little sister.

"Yes, believe it or not I do. But I ain't risking it. The Egyptians are sneaky, I don't want you getting hurt." He told her, giving her puppy eyes so it wouldn't turn into an argument, knowing she couldn't resist them. She looked up at him and immediately looked away.

"Don't give the puppy eyes to me, I know what you're doing." She said as she started to walk faster to avoid his stare. "I'm just saying, I know how to take care of myself, I've been taking care of myself and you guys since we was little." She pointed out as he caught up to her. His gaze fell on her as her head hung low in disappointment. She always felt like they didn't think she was good enough to be a Jet, so she had spent a good chunk of her time trying to prove herself.

"Trust me, I know that RJ. You cared for us even when we thought no one else did. That just makes you more special to us, ok?" he stopped walking to make her turn and look at him. "We don't want to see you hurt, we know you can protect yourself, but it's hard to do that when it's three on one. Even you can't take on three of them yourself, even though I know you'd love to try. Can you just accept the private escorts, at least until we settle this with them?" he begged as they stood on the sidewalk about 2 blocks away from her apartment. She looked up to his pleading eyes as she let out a breath.

"Yeah, fine." She said as she rolled her eyes with a small smile. "But it doesn't mean I have to like them." She pointed at his face as they resumed their walk.

"Oh no, of course not." He laughed. "Because what girl would appreciate handsome boys walking her home every night?" He asked as they got closer to her building. He looked over at him with her eyebrow raised.

"Handsome? Where do you see a handsome boy around here?" she asked as she laughed. He put his hand to his chest and a fake offended look on his face.

"I am very handsome, thank you. Grazie seems to think so too." He stated matter of factly as he opened the door to her building, letting her go in first.