Chapter 11: Hot and Cold

Draco and I had been sitting there, close to the edge of the astronomy tower with his jacket as a blanket, but soon enough I was starting to freeze. Draco had fallen asleep, but I had no choice, I had to wake up. I thought about how I could wake him up, when I somehow remembered Hogwarts' school motto.

„Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus"

It means means „Never tickle a sleeping dragon", but the fact that it had Draco in it made me want to try it for some reason. I guess sometimes I can be childish, but I did it. „Draco" I whispered. He started smiling and softly pushed my hands away from his stomach where I had been trying to tickle him. „Don't you know? Never tickle a sleeping Draco" Draco whispered with a sleepy voice and a smile on his face. Then he slowly opened his eyes and looked at me, causing his smile to fade. „Y/n! Your lips are blue, aren't you freezing? Why didn't you wake me earlier?" he asked, now fully alert. „I-I'm s-s-sorry, I di-dn't want to w-wake you, but it's s-so cold" I stammered. „Oh my, come, let's go inside" Draco said and helped me put on his jacket. „Let's go somewhere warm." he whispered.

Inside, the dance was still going. Due to this rare event the curfew had been cancelled for tonight, so Draco and I could move around the castle freely. „Where are we going?" I asked. „You'll see" Draco said. But then I understood, he was leading me to the room of requirements. When he opened the door, a wave of welcoming warmth hit me and we entered a cozy room with a big bed with lots of pillows, a couch, a burning fireplace and a coffee table with two big steaming mugs. „Mhhhh Hot chocolate" Draco sighed after smelling what was in the cups. I chuckled. I had never seen this side of Draco, almost like a little kid... but I liked it a lot. We sat down on the couch and Draco spread the blanket he had taken from the bed across our legs. „Cheers" he said, our glasses clinked and then I let the hot liquid pour down inside of me, heating me up from within. „Ok I get the hot chocolate, the fireplace and the couch... but why is there a bed in here?" I asked innocently. „Who knows, we might need it" Draco said and winked at me. i chuckled. „I really enjoy spending time with you Draco." I said. „Likewise darling." The nickname made my stomach flutter. „I know this might be odd timing but I really have to take shower, ok? Wait for me in here, don't run away!" Draco announced. A second door appeared in the wall, apparently a bathroom. „This room is so cool!" I whispered to myself as Draco disappeared through it. I decided to look around the room and explore a little. It had a ton of books in it, all of the walls were lined with shelves. I pulled out some of the books and noticed that while some of them were obviously magical books, some were muggle books as well! I grabbed one called „La Belle et la Bête" and started reading it. When I first opened it, it was french, but when I turned to the first page, it was suddenly German. Good for me, I guess! That way I was able to at least understand it. I walked across the room, completely emerged into the story of a girl and a beast falling in love with each other, when suddenly my foot got stuck and I tripped over something and fell to the floor with a loud „Ahhhh!" but luckily I was able to break my fall. I got up again and was just straightening my dress, when the bathroom floor flew open.
„Is everything ok?" Malfoy panted with a hint of panic in his voice. „Yeah I just..." when I looked up from my dress, I noticed that Draco was standing in the bathroom door with nothing but a white towel low around his waist. His hair was still dripping and water droplets fell on his toned body. „...tripped." I whispered, staring at him. His worried expression quickly vanished into a mesmerizing smile. „Good." he said with a calm voice. And stepped a little closer. I took a deep breath in and decided I didn't care anymore... I needed him. I walked up to him and kissed him passionately. He kissed me back, clearly as hungry for more as me. While kissing, we moved closer to the bed. „Told you it would come in handy" Draco panted in between kisses. His hands them travelled down my back to find the zipper holding up my dress. He quickly opened it, allowing my dress to swiftly glide to the floor.