1.1

*three months laterr*

Sam's POV-

"well, looks like the test came back negative" the nurse sighs

"does that mean we cant bring her home?" Luke questions the nurse

"she seems to be getting worse, Sam isn't okay yet" the nurse explains.

"what are you doing with her now then?!" he raises his voice, as it fills with anger and sadness.

there's a silence, and I can't hear what they're saying behind the door.

I can't move either, there's tubes on me and I'm in this stupid hospital.

"Sam?" Luke croaks, walking through the door without the nurse.

"what are they gonna do to me now Luke?" I sigh, as he sits down on the bed beside me.

"they're sending you to a place where they can help you more. you're gone to far. the medicine they have isn't working babe" he cries, his eyes glassy.

"what kind of place?" I tense up.

"uh," he sighs.

"an insane asylum"

no.

they can't bring me there, I'm not even that bad!!!! why does this happen to me?!

"no Luke, they can't why would the-"

"yeah Sam, they have to" he interrupts.

"might as well just kill me so I can go to hell" I huff under my breath.

he rolls his eyes,

"stop being like that Sam, they're gonna help you there"

"and what if they don't? okay, what if they can't fix me. I'm clearly broken. maybe I'm not meant to be okay. maybe the universe doesn't think I deserve it!" I yell, sitting up off the pillow.

"I fucking love you Sam! I just want you to get better! I know you're having a seriously rough time but you're ill. you need this help! I want you to be okay again, I need you to be okay" he panics, pacing around the room.

"I'm sorry, but all you ever see in movies is an asylum being some freaky and fucked up place where crazy people go. I don't wanna be crazy... I just wanna be okay" I cry, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"it's okay Sam. just don't cry. just go there, and get help and then I'll be waiting" he says, wiping my eyes with his thumbs softly.

Luke's POV-

two days after I told Sam at the hospital, she was released.

today, we're checking her in.

I don't know what to think. her mom keeps telling me that it's for the best and that she needs the help.

but every part of me just wants to run away with her and never look back.

I just want her to be okay, without being in an asylum!

Sam's POV-

today's the day they take me to the hell whole.

I'm officially considered crazy.

my knees are weak and my body's shaking, as I sit beside Luke in the backseat of my moms car.

"I love you" Luke whispers into my hair, pulling me into a huge hug.

I stay quiet and embrace him, not moving until I feel the car stop.

I jump in my seat and sit up, looking out the window to see a huge ass brick building with bars on the windows.

"it looks like a mental illness jail" I huff, getting out of the car.

"oh yeah, cuz that's what it is" I snarl, looking towards the door.

Luke grabs my hand and holds it tight, as my mom pulls my suitcase behind her up the front pathway.

the entrance makes it look like they tried to hard to make it seem happy, and a good place to be.

but everything else looked worse than ever.

it looked like pure hell.

I wanted to pull Luke with me and bolt away, as fast as my feet could take me.

but we were far from anywhere but a creepy and long highway, and I wasn't that athletic.

"it'll be fine" my mom smiles, opening the big metal door and letting us pass by.

it smells like a doctors office, and an evil scientist's laboratory.

distant sounds of beeping machines and quiet conversations fill my ears

this is happening.

"mom, it smells like shit." I groan, stomping to the front desk like a baby.

"hush Sam, I can't help that. you need to be here" she snaps, before turning to the woman behind the desk with a smile.

"hi I'm Mia Jenkins, I'm here to check in my daughter Samantha Jenkins" she says, pulling out the hospital papers and giving her information about me.

the women clicks away at her computer, punching in all the shit about me.

Name: Samantha Jenkins

sex: female

age: 15

concerns: anorexia, bipolar disorder with uncontrolled attacks.

estimated time: one year

medications: anti depressants, bipolar meds, attack and paranoia control meds

I looked over her shoulder and read down the list.

one years time here!?

no! this can't be fucking happening. I just want to wake up from this nightmare.

"Sam, let's go to your room" Luke snaps me out of thought, pulling me down the hall.

the living areas were cute, but I hadn't seen the hell part yet.

it was coming though, I knew it. they'd throw me in a padlocked room with big metal doors with one tiny bed and a table to eat at.

i was going to rot in here.

the room was small, with a single bed in the middle and two night stands on either side.

there was one dresser and a full body mirror on the back of the door.

there was no closet, and only one small window.

what really killed the mood was the bars around the window.

I set my jansport down on the bottom of the bed, and leave my suitcase in a corner standing up.

"let's go check out other places" Luke suggested, trying to ease me into staying here.

I hated it here already.