Interlude 13: Introducing Akiko

Seinaru's day is going to get a whole lot more busy now...

The party arrive at the hospital.

Nijubey: What happened to Seinaru?

Souji: He overexerted himself and passed out. Help him recover.

Karen: By the way, I saw some giant shadowy monster... What was that?

Nijubey looked stunned.

Nijubey: You have just witnessed... Kriemhild Gretchen, the Witch of Salvation.

Aeris: Kriemhild Gretchen? What kind of monster is that?

Nijubey: This is the strongest witch in the entire world. No other witch can be as powerful as her... Kyubey once estimated that, if left unchecked, she could end the world in ten days.

Aeris: That bad?! How many Puella Magi do we even have?

Nijubey: Only fourteen, at the moment, if we want to count Seinaru. The worst part is... Gretchen is Madoka, the same person who has tasked Seinaru with this goal of purifying every witch. Only he can hope to save her, and there is no doubt Gretchen will be the final witch he faces... It was wise that you chose to return to Purity City. Had you tried to fight Gretchen, there is no doubt that you would have lost.

Aeris: No shit. Wait, what's with my "familiars" being out here anyway? Don't most familiars vanish after their Witch is slain, unless they managed to become Witches themselves somehow? I heard of that rumor through a website.

Nijubey: It seems as if Seinaru has managed to find a way to allow them to exist by using his pure light magic on them. That's truly amazing... Even I'm impressed by what this fine young teen can do.

Aeris: Another thing. I didn't know Kyubey recruited boys too.

Aeris: So, what am I supposed to do with my former familiars?

Sugar: We would like to continue fighting by your side, since you are our creator. In a sense.

Darth: We served your Witch Bergler. Now, we shall serve you.

Aeris: Oh boy. This will take some getting used to. From lich magical girl to eldritch monster and back and now I have two people to take care of. I already had too many problems taking care of just me.

Sugar: As familiars, we don't need sustenance.

Aeris: Oh, okay.

Nijubey puts Seinaru in a pod, and he spends some time in there, with the pod's systems nursing him back to full health.

Afterwards, the pod dings, and Seinaru exits.

Seinaru: Uh... What happened?

Nijubey: You passed out from exhaustion. We'll need to work on your stamina... or bring along healing items.

Seinaru: Thanks, Nijubey. I feel better now.

Then he sees Aeris.

Seinaru: Hello, Aeris.

Aeris: So, you're a Puer Magi?

Seinaru: Yep. A Magical Boy... Bet you're pretty shocked, huh?

Aeris: I guess so.

Souji: It seems as if Aeris knows who we are without asking.

Seinaru: Well, maybe you'll recognize some of the other folks in town, Aeris. You're all dismissed for now.