Eleven

The next morning was Riley's first therapy appointment and she was a little more nervous than she expected. Both Hailey and Jay were going with her for some support, knowing she'd need it. Hailey checked her in when they arrived, both her and Jay sitting on either side of her.

"Riley?" A female asked, opening a door that lead to the back.

All 3 of them got up and headed to the comfortable office and sat down. Hailey on the couch next to Riley and Jay is in a chair across from her.

"So Riley, tell me what's going on?" The woman asked, sitting in another chair.

Riley looked to Hailey, who simply nodded and squeezed her hand. "Uh. I was living with my mom and then our house caught fire. I- I made it out. She didn't. So Um, they called Jay and he came and got me, and I've been with them for a few weeks. I met my other brother, his wife and Hailey. I got into an accident and I was in a coma, I don't remember much from that,"

"You like living with Jay and Hailey?" She asked, making Riley smile a bit.

"Yeah I love them," she shrugged.

"Where are you feeling like you're struggling?" The woman asked.

"It's hard to sleep sometimes, and I can't play right now because of the accident. I just don't feel..." Riley trailed off. Hailey squeezed her hand, giving Riley a little more encouragement.

"Come on honey, you know," Hailey told her.

"I don't feel completely normal yet. And I want to," Riley shrugged.

"You've gone through some trauma. What you're feeling is very normal. You lost your mom, and then the accident happened in such a short time after, it added on,"

"How do I get rid of it?"

"Well, we'll do weekly sessions and get you some ways to cope. And as you start to feel better, we'll do less and less. Talking to Hailey and Jay will help a lot, voicing your feelings with someone you trust, will really help. We'll do some individual sessions and some family sessions, and go from there," the therapist smiled, Riley nodding.

——————

"I think that went well," Hailey smiled, as both of them got in the black Jeep. Riley just nodded, staying quiet as they watched Jay pull out in front of them. "Hey. Riley,"

"Yeah?" She asked, looking at her lap.

"Honey talk to me, you heard what she said in there,"

Riley sighed and turned in her seat to face Hailey, "I just. What if it doesn't work? What if I never get my life back to the way it was?"

"Riley, you will. We're gonna work at it, and figure it out," Hailey told her but noticed how her face still hadn't changed. "What is it?"

"I don't have any parents," Riley mumbled, refusing to look at Hailey.

"Riley," Hailey sighed, reaching over the console to hug the younger girl. "It's gonna be okay honey, you'll always have Jay and I, and Will and Nat,"

Riley took the hug and let out a few sobs that broke Hailey's heart. All Hailey could do was hold her, promise her that they were there and they weren't going anywhere. She grabbed her phone as she held Riley close, texting Jay.