Forty Nine

"Hey Ri, we're heading out. You gonna be okay here?" Hailey asked as they got Paislee ready for daycare and themselves ready for work.

"I'll be fine mama," She nodded, "I'm just gonna watch TV for a little while,"

"Alright. I don't know if we'll get the case finished today but we should be home by 4 regardless. If we get it finished early, we'll be home,"

"Sounds good," She nodded, "I'm gonna enjoy my last day before I have to go back to school,"

"Yeah. Enjoy it," Hailey nodded, kissing her head before she got the rest of her things and told Paislee to go say goodbye to her sister.

"Bye-bye, Wiwey!" Paislee giggled as she ran over and gave Riley a big hug.

"Bye kiddo, be good," She smiled, hugging the little girl before she ran back off to Hailey.

"I'll see you later kiddo, call me if you need us," Jay told her, leaning down to kiss her head.

"I will Dad," She smiled, waving goodbye to her family as she turned on the TV.

She looked through the channels they had but also started looking through some of the apps they had when she found Hannah Montana on Disney Plus. Yes, she was going to be 17 this year but she wanted to relive some of her childhood memories.

She fell asleep through an episode and only woke up to her alarm for more medicine. She groaned and sighed as she sat up and carefully moved her leg so she could reach her pill bottle and a drink out of the cooler that Jay and Hailey had filled with her favorite drinks.

As soon as she took the meds, she checked her phone and saw a text from her mom.

Riley set her phone back down before putting Good Luck Charlie on, to relive even more of her childhood

Around 1:15, Hailey punched in their code and came into the living room with McDonald's bags in hand as well as a tray of drinks.

"hey Ri," She said as she walked to the dining room and set their food on the table. She got everything on plates and brought them both out to the living room. "McDouble and fries. I also got you a coke because I know you love it from there specifically,"

"You're the best mom," she chuckled, taking a big gulp of the pop. "It's like the pop of the gods. I love this stuff,"

"I have never seen someone get so excited over McDonald's Coke," she chuckled, taking a bite of her salad.