Forty Seven

They talked all night and even made sure they were around to help with that round of homework for the evening.

As soon as they were done, they all sat on the couch and put on a family movie that the 4 of them could watch together. Paislee was in Hailey's lap and Riley was squished between her parents and on her phone, deleting all of the nasty comments on her wall. She wanted to show them that she didn't care. They weren't affecting her.

Even if it was bugging her, she wasn't going to show it and let them know that it was bothering her.

It took months for her to figure it out but by the end of her junior year, she was one of the most popular girls in her class for all the right reasons. She knew everyone's name and always greeted them with a smile on her face.

Paislee was now almost 4 years old and loved her big sister more than anything. She especially loved when Riley would pick her up from preschool and take her out to eat to get a little snack.

Jay had taken over the unit and they were both still in it and catching criminals daily. Hailey was second in command in the unit and usually spent her nights, reading or watching TV with her family.

Bristol and Sam stayed together as well as Jake and Riley. They sat together every day at lunch and both went to each other's games.

"It's game day," Jake smiled as he set down her favorite Powerade drink in front of her.

"Thanks, Jake," she chuckled, opening it immediately and taking a big gulp.

"You nervous?"

"Not really. We'll be fine," she chuckled, eating some more of her lunch.

"I'll be there," he smiled, kissing the side of her head.

She just beamed as she ate and soon enough the bell rang.

The school day drug on, until it was finally time to start getting ready for the game. They were in the locker room and getting all hyped up as the other team got ready in the other locker rooms made for them.

Before the game started, Riley always went up the bleachers to her boyfriend, best friend, parents, and little sister. She gave each of them hugs and ran back down, ready for the game to start.

Riley was always a pretty easy player but always based how she played on the other team. This team was pretty aggressive and it made Riley play as if she was too. They were constantly at it for the ball and the other team even pushed and shoved.

Riley and another girl were fighting for the ball when the other girl shoved a little and caused Riley to fall just the right way for her to feel a pop in her knee before searing pain.

She didn't scream, she didn't cry, she just laid there and hoped that after a few deep breaths, it would go away and she'd be able to get up.

It must've been longer than a few minutes because her Coach appeared in front of her as well as her dad.

"What hurts Ri?" he asked, sitting her up on the grass.

"My knee," she got out through one or 2 sobs. It hurt a lot worse than she thought.

"Okay I'm gonna carry you to the bench, just lean on me," he told her, easily lifting her and carrying her to the closest bench.