Tired

Tommy gripped the pill bottle in his hands tightly. He debated with himself silently as he sat on his mattress. He hadn't responded to anybody's texts in 3 days and stayed out of school as well. Phil and Wilbur paid no mind to him, not that Phil could. He was spending more time outside of the house or streaming. It was like he was taking great care not to even approach Tommy after the last fight. He hasn't seen either of them for a month. Tommy was just so tired of everything. He didn't want to annoy anyone any longer, just sink into some moss and disappear. He stood up and walked into the bathroom, looking in the mirror for the first time in a while. The bags under his eyes hung lazily, threatening to fall. His hair hadn't been washed and was greasy. Acne started popping up on his face from not washing it for so long. Plus his hoodie was stained with tears. Another thing ruined by him. He ran his hand through his now dirty blonde hair. He was so tired.

He barely had the energy to blink but he pushed on, going downstairs and into the kitchen. A note was taped to the counter. 'Wilbur and I are going out. Be back later.' Even they see how much of a fatass you are, eating all of their stuff. They knew you'd be in the kitchen. Tommy shook his head. Tubbo talked with him about this. He isn't fat or selfish. Sure, trust him of all people. Tommy grabbed a cyan cup painted with cartoonish flowers and stars. They had bought it for him when he first got here and they liked him. When he was new and shiny, at the very least. And much prettier and skinnier. And with less ugly cuts. He filled it with water and just stuck it in the microwave, he didn't need to be wasting their stove's power for the kettle too. After a minute or so he pulled it out and grabbed a tea bag before chucking it in.

He snapped back to reality. He was at the table with a fully-made cup of tea. It was three fourths full. He shrugged and took a sip of it. The front door opened. He flinched violently and nearly spilled his tea. Techno stood inside of the living room. The two stared at each other for a moment. "Tommy?" He asked, his gruff voice the same as the blonde could remember. "Hey." His voice cracked. Techno looked very collected. His pink hair was tied back into a clean ponytail and his dark red half-frame glasses had a golden glasses chain. He wore a white button up with brown corduroy pants. A messenger bag hung from his shoulder. "Sorry I was gone for so long. I had to go to rehab for the whole alchohol thing directly after I had to wait a long ass time to get diagnosed and medicated. Anyways, where's Phil and Wilbur?" Tommy shrugged. "They didn't tell me. They don't anymore, usually." A long silence stretched through the room. "Sooo.. You've just been here by yourself?" Tommy nodded. "Wilbur hates me now and Phil just isn't here so I pretty much just stay here until they come back after a week or so." Techno's brows furrowed. "What? Seriously?" Tommy nodded once more. "It's whatever. I have a home and nobody has hit me here yet, so I'm fine." Techno's eyes softened. "How long has it been since you washed your hair?" Tommy blushed. "It's not important."

"Yes it is. Do you need help?" Techno said. Even if he wouldn't outright say it, he mostly cared because his piglin instincts missed the boy's golden hair. He tucked that thought down. Tommy stared into his cup of tea. "Ok, come on Theseus." He led the boy to the bathroom and sat him down in the bathtub. "Can you take your hoodie off?" The younger tensed up. "Not in a weird way-" Tommy relaxed. "I just need to wash your hair and I don't think you want it all wet." Tommy nodded and hesitantly took off his hoodie. Even with his t shirt on he felt vulnerable. "Are you ok with getting that shirt wet?" The blonde nodded. He wouldn't take his shirt off. He couldn't take his shirt off. Techno turned on the water and filled up the tub while Tommy sat in it with his knees pulled to his chest. Once it was filled enough techno grabbed a plastic cup from the drawer and scooped some water in. He held Tommy's head back gently and poured the water through his hair until it was back to it's normal golden color.

Techno grabbed a bottle of strawberry shampoo and poured a bit into his hand before massaging it into the blonde's curly hair and working it through. Tommy let out a purr. Techno paused. "Yer' a hybrid?" Tommy nodded guiltily. "Nice. Do you want me to wash your ears if you have any?" Tommy nodded and reached up, revealing his ears. Techno added some shampoo to his ears before washing off his hands and reaching for the cup again. He washed the shampoo out of his hair and ears. He grabbed Tommy a clean pair of clothes from his room and set it on the sink. "I'll leave you to change. Call for me if you need me." Tommy nodded. The blonde drained the tub and stepped out before drying off. He winced when the fabric of the towel scratched against his scars. He threw on the clothes Techno gave him and tugged his hoodie back over it before cleaning up the bathroom and going downstairs.

He sat back down and looked into his cup. He huffed. Did I finish my tea already? He stood up and walked into the kitchen, washing out his cup absentmindedly. The front door swung open. The blonde set down his glass haphazardly and ran out to see what happened. Tubbo stood in the front doorway, leg still lifted after kicking open the door. Ranboo stood behind him looking frantic. "Where the FUCK IS MY PARTNER-" Tubbo cut himself off when his eyes met with Tommy's. Ranboo saw the other as well and visibly relaxed, tensing down but still stressed. "Oh hi Tommy. You weren't answering our messages or going to school and I got a bad feeling." Tommy just stared at him. "Okay, come in. You're gonna get a cold, it's fuckin raining." Tubbo came in, Ranboo following. The shorter put his wet thick green coat with tan fur trim on the coat rack along with Ranboo's purple cardigan.

The two teens sat down at the table and made casual banter with him as he filled up the kettle and heated it up. Tommy huffed and smiled fondly.

——————
I was gonna write "Tubbo and Ranboo would be the death of him" but this book is so jampacked full of angst i didn't want to scare you and make you think I would make Tubbo and Ranboo kill Tommy lol
I love writing fluff, I hope it wasn't too bad

Finished: Sunday, September 25
Words: 1207
Views: 1.14k (holy fuck thanks)